Chapter Twelve

I wanted to post this tomorrow, but since I have over 400 views, I decided to post this. This is one of the exciting parts. :)

Disclaimer: I do not own most of the plots and characters. They belong to J.K. Rowling.

Enjoy!

P.S. Vote because you want to know what's next!

-------------------------------------------------------------

The following morning, I woke up the same time as Courtney.

'Good morning.' I yawned.

'Morning,' she said worriedly. I could see the eye bags under her eyes- she didn't sleep last night.

'What's up?' I asked, concerned.

'Look Lirana, could you hang out with us all? I'll be all lonely. Could we go for lunch together?' she pleaded.

I walked over and hugged her. 'Sure. I won't leave you alone. I won't change because I'm in a higher grade,' I laughed.

She looked relieved. 'Lirana, you're the best friend ever, alright, go on, you wouldn't want to be late for your first day.' she winked.

---------------------------------------------------------

I met Janice and Charlotte downstairs.

'Good morning.' I said, smiling.

They gave me a nod and motioned me to walk with them.

'Alright, Lirana,what are your secrets? Spill it.' Charlotte said, smiling. 'Who's the hottest guy here? In Slytherin.' Janice gave me a sly smile.

I remembered Lucy's advice. 'Errrr. My brother?'

'Awh, aren't you cute. I meant otherwise, but Draco is kind of hot.' I didn't like the 'cute' treatment.

Kenneth smiled at me before leaving. I returned his smile, blushing. Maybe he's better than Peter Peverell after all.

'Come on, tell us. We won't tell anyone.' Charlotter prompted.

'Kenneth is kind of hot.' I said shyly.

'Kenneth is MY boyfriend.' Janice said pointedly. I hastened to correct things. 'I'm just saying you've got a hot boyfriend, that's all. She shot me a smile.

'True, but anyone you fancy?' Janice asked.

'Peter Peverell.' I blushed and looked at my feet.

They turned to me and stopped their actions in mid-air as they stared at me. 'Interesting.' Janice said after a moment.

'What's the first period? I asked, hastily changing the subject.

'DADA.' Charlotte said.

'We'd hurry up. Snape, that junk, is pretty impatient.' Janice stood up and swished her long blond hair, attracting a crowd of guys' attention. I laughed at her comment. From that moment on, I decided to be one of them; one of the popular girls. 

---------------------------------------------

'Did you hear?' 

'Yeah, I can't believe it! The younger Malfoy fancying Peverell!'

'What a surprise!'

Yes, you've guessed it. Word got out I fancied Peverell. I went up to Janice and Charlotte.

'I have no idea what to do. The whole of Slytherin knows I fancy him. What would he say?' I ranted.

'Oh, its alright. Move on, Lirana.' Janice said, indifferent, while I saw a flicker of hastiness in Charlotte's eyes.