Chapter Three

Third chapter!

Vote and comment, or I shall set they Weasley's house ghoul on you! :D

Feel free to guess the relationship between Lirana and Peverell in the end, I make no promises. :D

Comment your guesses! :)

Enjoy!

Again, I do not own the plot neither most of the characters.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I got up and stretched. What I wouldn't do for another five minute sleep. But Courtney would make sure I wouldn't oversleep, checking on me every five minutes or so.

'Lirana Narcissa Malfoy, get out of bed this instant! Its Potions right now. I've heard Snape could be really foul.' Courtney said, shaking me awake.

'Not to us Slytherins,' I grumbled, grabbing my clothes to change.

'We wouldn't want to break the record, would we? Now go ahead and change,' she hesitated, then said ' Draco says he will be waiting for you for breakfast,'

I jumped out of bed that instant.  I wouldn't want my BELOVED brother to complain about my tardiness to dad.

After I finished getting ready, Courtney and I ran (tripping a few times, apparently) to the Great Hall, finding our brothers at the table. I literally sighed with relief and sat next to Draco while Courtney sat next to Blaise.

'Was lingering in bed, weren't you?I told Courtney to put me in the picture for extreme measures,' Oh so it was a trick! I gave them a scowl. Blaise, Draco and Courtney smirked. 

'I'm so going to get back at you guys at the first chance I get,' I mumbled, while playing with my egg, stabbing it so frequently it had holes in it.

'Now come on Lira. Everyone knows you can't get out of bed without a threat,' Draco elbowed me, while I scowled at him once more, and was about to spit back a remark, but was interrupted by the post owls. Two barn owls flew towards us, bringing Draco and I parcels. They dropped it in our hands, and we opened them eagerly. Draco and I had our usual supply of goodies and a note within. I read mine:

Lira dear,

How is Hogwarts? Draco wrote to me, telling us you're in Slytherin. Your father and I were delighted. I was worried you would land in Hufflepuff, as you're a rather soft and gentle kind. We're fine, hope you guys are alright as well. I heard Umbridge, The High Inquisitor is at Hogwarts, try to get her attention, it will do you and Draco much good. Look after Draco, he''s bound to get into some kind of trouble eventually. Do write to us soon, use Kaitlyn. Your father sends his regards, he says he wouldn't let his little girl get bullied. Have fun at Hogwarts!

Love

Mum and Dad.

I smiled as I scanned through it. I laughed as mom said Draco shall get into trouble. 'How true,' I thought.. 

Draco leaned over to see what I was giggling about. He saw the comment and exclaimed, 'Hey!'

I raised the note out of his grasp, still laughing. Blaise took it from me and read it, passing it to Courtney and Pansy. Soon the Slytherin table erupted with laughter, and Draco was sulking. 

'See what you did, Lirana Narcissa Malfoy.' he sulked.

I shrugged, saying, 'To get back for that threat,' I said, smiling.

When we were done with breakfast, Courtney and I waved goodbye to our brothers, and I heard Draco mumble, 'She'll be the death of me yet,' I suppressed a smile and made my way to Potions.

After everyone has lined up, Snape appeared and said, ' In.' with his deep voice. Two alphabets, but it was full of warning. Everybody quietened down, and walked into the classroom.

'Sit,' Does it always end with a word? We all sat, backs straight, listening attentively.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Huff. That was tiring. Wish I had shampoo, could make Snape run,' she grinned evilly once we were out of the classroom.

I looked around, in case my 'dear godfather' was lingering around. 'Courtney, you do know very well he is my godfather. I wouldn't want to get into trouble with him,' 

'Right you are, Malfoy. Looking gorgeous today,'

I whipped around, my raven hair almost slapping Courtney. Merlin. It was Peter Peverell. 

'Peverell,'

'Malfoy,'

The curves of his lips raised a little as he said, ' You shouldn't be here. Go enjoy yourself while you can. See you, beautiful,' he winked at me, as my cheeks had a tinge of pink. Peverell's one of Draco's friends, a little younger than Draco.

'Way to go, Slytherin Princess. Catching hearts of other men since you're born,' she mumbled furiously under her breath, 'What a slut,'

Unfortunately, I heard that. ' Slut?! You call me a slut because he came to me and said I was gorgeous?!' I spat unbelievably.

'He didn't even address me!'

'And its my fault that way? Because no one wanted you?'

Courtney's eyes narrowed. I glared back at her, even when I knew I was in the wrong.

' Fine, be that way, MALFOY,' with that, she stormed off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Lirana Narcissa Malfoy,'

I cursed under my breath. It was Draco. I turned around, indifferent. ' I know you're here about Courtney.' I said.

'Come here and sit,' he motioned to the chair opposite. I didn't dare to look straight at him, I knew I was wrong. 

'Lira.' he sighed. 'What happened? Blaise told me Courtney was crying,' 

'Does it really matter? She'll hate me anyway,' I was miserable. She was my only friend then, and I had only her.

'Lira, it does. I'm sure you want her as your friend back. The Zabini family was always close to ours. It really does, dear,' Draco put it gently. He was always soft with me, even when I made mistakes, and he would always take the blame. I remember there was once I ruined my Dad's project he worked months to finish. When my dad found out, he was furious. Draco took the blame without a second word, and I remember dad tortured him by beating him every hour, and he still didn't say a thing. I cried at night, but I was too cowardly to own up, what more with my dad punishing that way, I didn't dare to tell my father the truth.

'Fine. It was Peter Peverell. He said I was gorgeous and beautiful, and I guess Courtney got jealous,' I muttered.

'Peter Peverell?' he frowned slightly. ' That's not entirely the truth. I bet you mocked her back,'

'I said no one wanted her,' I said.

Draco chuckled. I looked up in surprise.

' Personally, I think you're finally behaving like a Slytherin, but since they're so close to us, I suggest you should apologise. I won't mind using it on Potter though. Too bad Weasette fancies him,' he said with a dreamy expression, and I giggled.

'Fine. I'll do it. But I'm not going to stand there and let her fire at me if I apologise,'

'Now Lira-'

'Nah-ah. Nothing doing,' I cut through his sentence.

'At least try,' 

'Fine, I'll try my best. But I can't do much if she doesn't accept my apology.'

-------------------------------------

Another chapter done! You have no idea how relieved I am. I promise you some excitement in the next chapter. :D

VOTE AND COMMENT NOW. BEFORE I SEND THE FAMILY GHOUL ON YOU. :D