Chapter Four

I'M BACKKKKK. :D

Chapter Four. :)

I promised excitement, and excitement it is.

Vote and comment! Enjoy!

Disclaimer: I do not own most of the plot or the characters, credits goes to J.K. Rowling.

----------------------------------------------------------

It has been quite a while since I've talked to Courtney. A month or so perhaps. Every time I walk into a room, she walks out of it. My Slytherin dignity wouldn't encourage me to chase after her anyway. However, I did manage to make some friends. 

Other than haughty Jane and friendly Lucy, I got acquainted with Amelia Abott. Apparently, she's quite an aggressive Hufflepuff. Merlin knows how she landed herself there.

'Lirana dear,' Lucy called. 'We have to be at breakfast in five minutes,' Lucy's more like me, but I reckon I'm a little more aggressive than her.

'Sure, I'll be there in a giffy. You guys tell my brother I'm coming,'

'Sure. Come on, Lucy.' Jane replied.

I got ready, and got out of the bathroom, only to find Courtney, curled up in her covers, shivering slightly. I knew something was wrong then. I tried to walk out of the room, to punish her for how she treated me, but couldn't bring myself to do it. I had spat back cutting remarks, which makes me wrong.

I approached her, and touched her lightly as I called her. 'Court. Court dear.' 

She tried to push me away with a feeble attempt. Then I saw something that made me gasp in horror.

Blood.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's note:

Shocked enough? I would stop here, but I'd be worried that you'll set Fluffy the three headed dog on me. *chuckles* It'll be too short anyway. So here it goes. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was Courtney's own blood, stained on the bedsheets. Still fresh and red, which meant Courtney was just hurt. I tried to compose myself as I looked at the weak shivering girl next to me. What had she done to land herself in such a state like this? It was plain obvious, someone - someone that foul had done that to her. I felt a wave of fury  rushing over me. She is my friend, after all.

' Courtney,' I said, sustaining the tremble in my voice. 'What just happened?' I asked, my brows furrowed in worry.

She turned in bed, expression in agony.  The redness on the sheet was getting more pronounced by every second, and I knew something was wrong. Wounds would heal over time, but this wound wasn't.

'She's in danger,' I realised. ' If I don't do something, her life could be at stake,'

I couldn't leave her bleeding there, bleeding to death alone. I just couldn't. I rushed out of the dorm, looking for someone to help us, but the whole corridor was empty. So was the common room.

I ran out of the common room, looking around frantically.

'Malfoy?' 

I turned around. Benedict Peverell, a Ravenclaw prefect, Peter Peverell's cousin.

'What's wrong?' he asked, eyebrows raised.

' Courtney, Courtney's hurt! And I can't move her all the way to the hospital wing! I don't-'

'Calm down! I can bring her to the hospital wing. Can you move her down here? I'm not a Slytherin,' he said.

'I think so,' I said skeptically.

'Alright, quickly! I'll be here waiting,'

I rushed up to our dorm, and tried to get Courtney down. She put her arm round my shoulder, and I got her out the common room slowly.

'Here!' I puffed when I reached Benedict Peverell.

His eyebrows knitted together for a second, and then he carried her up, bridal style, and sprinted towards the hospital wing. I followed him as well, but he stopped and said, 'Get your brothers to the hospital wing,' 

I nodded, and ran the other way.

When I got there, I rushed in and the whole school was staring at me. I ran to the Slytherin table, panting. 'Draco, Blaise, Courtney's in the hospital wing. Benedict Peverell's already brought her there,' 

'What?!' Blaise and Draco stood up together and joined me, sprinting to the hospital wing.

'Lira, what happened?' Draco asked while we ran there.

'I don't know! I was in the bathroom, and when I came out, I saw her in bed bleeding,' I explained.

Blaise didn't say a word, but continued running.

When we got there, I pushed the door open, and we saw Madam Pomfrey attending to her, Benedict Peverell next to her.

Blaise went next to Courtney, then spun towards me, and spat, ' What did you do to her, you brat!'

I was taken aback.

'You must have did something to her! You were in a fight with her, and now she's hurt! It must be you!' he accused.

My eyes swam with tears. Draco put a hand on my shoulder, and said warningly, ' Now, Blaise-'

'Don't stick up for her, Malfoy! You know its her! I-'

' Mr Zabini! Contain yourself!' Benedict Peverell walked between us, and said, 'Innocent until proven guilty, Zabini. If it was really her, do you think she would be so unintelligent to report it to me?' 

Blaise kept quiet.

'You see sense now, Mr Zabini? Very well. I shall leave this to yourselves. Remember, no arguing or fighting, or I shall deduct points from Slytherin,' Benedict Peverell nodded to Draco and I and went out.

'I'm sorry,' Blaise apologised.

'Its-its nothing. You had a right to suspect me, after all,' I found my voice, trying my best to hold back my tears.

'Alright, I want you all to leave now. Miss Zabini needs her rest.' Madam Pomfrey ordered. We nodded, and left the hospital wing.

---------------------------------------------------

Alright, its done! How was it? Vote and comment!

Here's the promised excitement. :) But I'd like to remind this shall only be 0.001 of what Lirana shall be facing, so brace yourselves. :)

VOTE AND COMMENT. FREE COOKIES FOR THOSE WHO DOOO. :D

 P.S. I changed the cover, is it alright? I would be so grateful if someone could make a cover for me. :)