Chapter 45 - a huge disaster

Start from the beginning

"Of course! That's what team awesome does Woah!"

Eugene drags you both outside. "Those things down there are dangerous!"

"Dangerous? No, they're not dangerous I- I have adjusted my calculations for every possible outcome The margin of error is less than .56 percent or- no, wait, was it .57?"

"I don't know! Look, guys. I think you're both great kids- smart kids! With great intentions. But I'm asking you- pleasing for you- for the love of my life and your village, to please shut off those machines until a seisma-quake-atologist can come to inspect 'em please! Do it for team awesome!"

Varian looks at you who's struggling to stay on foot, "I suppose we can turn them down... a bit."

You and Varian run down to the trap door, rocks start falling from the cavern, "C'mon! Hurry before this whole place collapses!" you shout while grabbing the lantern.

"You do this one I'll go further down the cavern to do the others!" you shout.

"(__) No! It's too dangerous for you to go down there alone!" he grabs your hand when you try to run down the cavern.

"Varian, what choice do we have? It's either we stick together and do this one by one or split and get them down quicker!! I trust you, it's time for you to trust me..."

He lets go of your hand, "Alright..."

You grab some tools and run down through the cavern to find one of the machines.

Varians POV

Varian watches you run down the cavern before turning down the machine.

"Okay Varian maybe you should listen to (__) more..." Varian turns off the machine. He tries to run down the cavern to go help you but yelps when Cass grabs his wrist.
"Listen, kid, we've gotta get out of here!"

"No, No!" He looks at Cass terrified, "(__) is still down there we need to get her before she's hurt!"

Your POV

Your racing to the machines tripping with each step since the rumbles was too much.

You take a deep breath and run to the machine to try to turn it off.

You grab a wrench and try to turn the machine off but it's on too tight. "Why did Varian put this on so darn tight!"

You grunt but it still won't budge.

"(__)! Which tunnel did you go down?!" you can hear a faint call.

"I'm down here!" You shout, still trying to turn off the machine.

You fall again but this time a gloved hand helps you up.

"Varian! What are you doing here?"

"You were right, now let's get out of here quick!"

You, Cass and Varian, run as fast as you all can and up the ladder.

"Kid, where are you going?!" Cass shouts.

"We still need to shut off as many of the machines as possible. I can't let this happen again!!" Varian shouts.

Cass grabs his wrist and pulls him aside when debris nearly crushes him.

"Why thank you, Milady." Varian flirts with Cass.

You roll your eyes, you're annoyed but you don't know why because you two are just best friends.

"Varian! (__)!" Quirin shouts.

"Uh, oh..." You run over to him and Varian does the same.

"Are you two okay? What happened?" he kneels down to you both.