Chapter Forty Four

→ So many things happened this week (sadly the movie got delayed) and I almost forgot Wattpad exist. Sorry for the long update >~< This chapter is a bit rushed. ←

· · ·

「Emma's POV」

Everything is alright now.

We all have accepted our fate, that (First Name) has vanished. We couldn't find her anywhere.

But I don't feel great.

I feel guilty, my chest feels heavy. I feel my shoulders are carrying such heavyweights.

When I questioned her how could she feel calm about Yuugo's and Lucas's death, I thought she never cares about them, usually, she doesn't even care almost everything.

But I was wrong, her eyes expressed fear and pain.

I was overloaded with my feelings but not hers.

I should be more considerate towards her.

I realized that we went through all the way here with (First Name)'s help. She helped us and guided us here.

I didn't know I was that oblivious.

I should have known.

But now, I have to move on and continue to live.

Right now, we ran into Hayato and Jin. We helped them. They brought us to a huge hideout where all of us can stay.

I guess that everything is going okay now... Hope so.

.
.
.

“It's been a long time, hasn't it?” I saw a familiar figure spoke up before me.

Tears started to form, I couldn't believe it! My body freezes and the grip of the pen loosen.

“Norman...?” I mumbled. “Is that you...?”

‘I thought he was sent off to the demons that day. I've dreamt about it countless times. A world where Norman is alive.’

‘There's so much I've regretted and so many times I've lost heart.’

Stumbling my feet and dashed towards Norman. I cannot stop the tears flowing down to my cheeks.

‘I tried my best! I gave it my all without giving up, Norman!’

I hugged Norman tightly.

“I've wanted to see you for so long... I'm glad you're okay, Emma.” Norman said as he hugged me back.

“Y-you liar! You were alive! You were alive this whole time, Norman!” I shouted and hiccuped in between. I wiped all my tears away. Then I let go of the hug and hold Norman's face.

“You are Norman, right? You aren't some kind of doppelganger or monster right?” I asked in confirmation.

‘It's too true to believe this is happening. This could be a dream or something!’

“W-why? H-how? I t-thought you were shipped out back then.”

Norman took my hands away from his face and replied, “I was taken to a particular farm by the demons.”

Norman caressed my left side of my side. “Emma, your ear...” He mumbled.

I smiled at him, “Oh my left ear, I got that from leaving the house.”

“But we escaped!” I beamed. “We brought Ray too! So it all worked out!”

“Look! This is our family!” I said as I showed Norman our family.

“It has gotten quite large,” He said amazed.

Don has his jaw dropped, “N-Norman?!”

Lannion and Thoma exclaimed, “He's Minerva?!”

Nat cried out, “You're alive?!”

Then the children ran and tackled Norman into a huge group hug.

Ray slowly approaches Norman as Norman looks at Ray. “It's been a while right?”

Ray raised his hand towards Norman and slapped him hard. The platinum blonde-haired boy falls to the floor, holding his ridden cheek.

Norman chuckled, “How awful, to get payback without greeting me.”

“Looks like you were able to find something important to you.” He added and stand up.

“Yeah, thanks to you,” Ray said and brought Norman and Emma to a warm hug.

.
.
.

Suddenly Norman looks a bit disappointed. He puts his hand on his chin as he asked me a question that made me stop.

“What about (First Name)?” He asked and goes to the desk and pulled out something from his drawer.

“(First Name)...?” I repeated the name.

“Emma, are you sure you don't know that name? A comrade of mine said that you're with her.” Norman stated as he approaches me.

“You remember her...?” I looked at him, shocked.

“Indeed, she gave me this.” Norman smiled as he gave me a folded note.

I opened it and the note was short. A well-written sentence.

“I know you like me, Norman. (First Name).” I read the note.

I looked at Norman, then to the note. I was bewildered and confused.

“This is kind of embarrassing to tell...” Norman said.

“Norman...” I looked at the note again then back to him.

“I better tell Ray about this,” I said and sprinted out of the room.

“E-Emma!!!” Norman shouted my name as he chased me from behind.

“Ray!!!” I yelled loudly. “I have something to show you!”

· · ·

So I reread it and saw that something is left out so I edited this.