Chapter Two

· · ·

「3rd Person POV」

It was a bright, sunny morning. Phil– one of the youngest child in the house– was running into the dining room greeting everyone a good morning. Mark– the child I considered chubby– was helping the mother of the house by placing the dishes.

It was strange because Emma was acting weird. She stood in the middle of the room while looking very gloomy. Norman arrived at the room and greeted Emma a good morning.

Emma immediately formed a smile and said, “Good morning, Norman!”

Her stunned expression has changed as soon someone had walked in. Nobody noticed the strange behaviour Emma was causing.

There was Isabella– or the mother of the house, looking at every child on their seats. She noticed something was strange, however she rang the bell in her hand and everyone prayed.

“Thanks for the food.”

.
.
.

HUFF HUFF HUFF

Someone was running in the forest. It was a girl, she has a backpack behind her as she ran fast. The tall trees surrounding her with large long roots on the ground which made the girl jumped on every single root.

‘I've escaped!’ She thought as she continued running.

She gazed at the bright light above her. The birds were chirping as it was morning. The girl looked around her to secure, as there were nothing but trees. She quickly sprinted out of the woods and saw sand under her boots.

She sat down on the sandy ground below her and took out the sandwiches she packed for herself and a bottle of water.

“Phew...” She sighed as she drank the water and wiped her sweat off.

After running non-stop for hours, the girl had decided to rest once she stopped at a desert land. When munched on her sandwich, suddenly she saw something appearing next to her.

Something like a whirling wheel appeared. She quickly finished the sandwich and turned the wheel around. She entered inside as close it.

It leads to a hallway. She looks around and saw doors with numbers printed there. She was curious but stopped when a large figure was standing in front of her.

.
.
.

CLANG CLANG

“Is everybody here?” The mother of the house asked as Emma and Norman returned to the crowded area.

“Wait, two kids are missing,” Gilda said as she looks around her. “Mark and Naila...”

Then a young boy, Mark came into Isabella's arms crying. Saying that he lost Naila in the forest while they were playing.

Isabella understood and looked at the "object that looks like a pocket watch" for a few seconds and went into the woods. Then a few seconds later, she returned with Naila in her arms.

Emma and Norman looked at the kids surrounding Isabella and Naila. Both of them were shocked. They couldn't believe it, that the "object that looks like a pocket watch" is a tracker.

“Mum is a demon.”

They concluded.

· · ·

[ Published on 10th May 2020
Edited on 23th November 2022 ]