Chapter 44 - What the hair?!

Start from the beginning

Rapunzel follows Varian while Cass looks at you shocked, "Why are you so protective over him? Have you got a cru-"

You interrupt her, "N-No! Uh, let's just go follow Varian and Raps."

You walk to find Varian looking at Rapunzel's hair through a giant magnifying glass, "Oh yes, this ah is, it's very long."

You know Varian is going to be dramatic here, "Oh, no, don't worry, Your High- Rapunzel. I am sure that I, Varian, can unlock the mystery of your hair with the power of science!" He swings the magnifying glass causing it to whack him in the back of the head.

"Varian are you alright?!" you shout

He rubs the back of his head, "No sweat, its just blah..." he faints.

"VARIAN!" You run over to check he's okay.

"You're not dying on me today." You whisper.

Varian slowly opens his eyes, "(__)... you're so spellbinding..." he smiles.

"You're alright!" You help him up.

You hear Rapunzel squealing in the background at you two.

You sigh, "Rapunzel were just friends..."

"Yeah, friends..." Varian looks down. "Well, now we have an opportunity to see if your hair still works!" He grins.

You grab a stool for him to sit on.

"Why, thank you, Milady." He smiles.

"No problem, Sir Genius." You smile back.

Rapunzel wraps her hair around his head and sings the Incantation.

"Better?" She looks over with a smile.

"Yeah! Noooo!" He quickly looks away from the blood.

"Huh, that used to work..." she mumbles

"Well, why don't I try? I mean we both touched the rocks at the same time so maybe??" You look over to Varian.

"Huh, worth a shot!" Varian grins.

Before you try, you sing the song in your head, making your hands glow yellow.

"Woah! Okay! Progress!" Varian looking in deep thought, trying to figure it out.

You put your hand on his head and sing the Incantation.

"Well, silver lining: We've acquired some critical data about your hair. It no longer possesses its legendary healing power but now (__)'s does... Progress! Now let's figure out exactly what this hair is made of. This machine can analyze any substance for chemical makeup, bitopic composition, and urgu-structural integrity. - I built it myself."

"Nice!" Rapunzel looks excited.

"If I'm right, this should tell us all there is know about your hair."

You pull Varian to the side, "Varian are you sure you want to do this with the princess? After all, last time it didn't go very well..." you're feeling weakened by singing the Incantation.

"Relax, it'll be fine I've been working on it since then!" He smiles warmly at you.

You smile back and nod.

Rapunzel is already clipped into the machine, "Let's do this!"

"Okay! Rapunzel. Now, um, this may get a little-" Varian gets interrupted by Rapunzel.

"Exiting?" She asks.

"Well, that's one way to put it." You mumble.

Rapunzel gets thrown in every direction.