chapter 126: damage control

Start from the beginning

"He likes the idea as well..." Jennie hesitated before completing her sentence. "Other than the part of me getting attacked... he probably won't like that."

"I guess you'll have more persuading to do as well, then-" Jungkook shrugged. "We both do."

"We'll talk again tomorrow then," Jennie said nonchalantly as she got to her feet. "In the meantime... take care."

"You too."

Jimin chased after Jennie as she left the room.

-•-•-

"How's everything going, Hyejin-ssi?"

"Give me two more seconds... done." Hyejin finally sat back in her seat, taking her hands away from her keyboard and letting out a deep sigh. "Ah, that was stressful."

"Good job-" Chungha reached out a hand and Hyejin gave her a high five. "You did well, Hyejin-ssi. Your writing has improved so much that hardly any editing was even necessary."

"Ah..." Hyejin smiled a little as she rubbed the back of her neck bashfully. "Thank you, sunbae-nim."

"Come on now," Chungha said as he looked around the office. "Let's go downstairs and help Hoseok-oppa deal with the reporters."

Hyejin followed Chungha down to the first floor, where a huge crowd of reporters were already gathered. It wasn't long before they exited the door that they found themselves stuck in the middle of a chaotic mess.

"Kim Namjoon bujang! Kim Namjoon-ssi! We know you're inside there! You're the CEO of this news company, aren't you? What do you have to say about your employee, Lee Jieun-ssi?"

"Kim Namjoon-ssi! Lee Jieun is a reporter at your company, am I right? What does a reporter like her have anything to do with Jeon Jungkook? Is it true that you sent her to his side as a spy? Are all the rumours true?"

"Please stop it!" Chungha yelled at the top of her lungs, as she jostled amongst the reporters, trying to find Hoseok as fast as possible. "We already told you that we have no comment on this matter. Please leave us alone!"

But her voice was drowned out by the dozens of crazy reporters dying to get information.

"Excuse me, Kim Namjoon-ssi! Can you give us a comment on the relationship between Jeon Jungkook and Lee Jieun, please? Are they dating? And if they are... what is their relationship with Jennie Kim like? Are they all on amicable terms? Did Jennie and JK break up recently? What's going on?"

"Kim Namjoon bujang! On one hand, Lee Jieun-ssi has a background of reporting, but yet she's currently working as Jennie Kim-ssi's makeup artist... Can you please comment on that?"

"Cut it out!" Hoseok yelled as he finally spotted Chungha, reached out and grabbed hold of her hand. "And can everyone stop pushing?! Someone's eventually gonna get hurt!"

Chungha smiled as she heaved a sigh of relief upon finding Hoseok.

But no one stopped yelling, and no one stopped shoving.

"Kim Namjoon-ssi, please come down right now!"

"Kim Namjoon-nim!"

"Kim Namjoon bujang, please give us a few words!"

"Everyone, please calm down!" Hyejin waved her arms in front of her, trying her best to shield the reporters from the entrance. "You all better leave soon, before we call the police!"

"Who even are you?" An aggressive male reporter yelled in Hyejin's face, before shoving her in the shoulders. "Get out of my way!"

Hyejin, losing her balance a little, took a step backward, trying to steady herself. Her body leaned backwards, and she instinctively swung her arms to stay upright. But then suddenly she felt a big steady hand on her back and she glanced back immediately, the moment she regained balance. And there Namjoon was, right behind her. Right beside her.