chapter 92: you're not worth it

<OST: Winter Flower - Younha ft. RM>

"What are we gonna do now?" Hoseok asked, sounding extremely worried as he whipped out his phone. "Should I call her? Do you think she'll be able to settle it on her own? Ah... I think I had a part to play too, I was the one who gave her the idea to look into celebrities dating news... I really need to do something-"

"Calm down." Namjoon shook his head as he calmly pushed Hoseok's phone down. "You're not to blame - neither are any one of us. Jieun-ssi was the one who knew what she was getting into and made a conscious decision to do everything she did, every step of the way. This is something she needs to resolve on her own first - before we step in."

"But-"

"Put that phone away, now-" Namjoon said coolly ad he took a seat on the bench at the park right outside their office. "Take a seat - we have more important things to discuss, don't we?"

"Huh?" Now Hoseok was freaking out, after instantly realising what 'important things' was referring to. "Oh, actually, bujang- I still have the case file to finish up on, I'll see you later-"

"We still have ten minutes till the end of lunch break," Namjoon said as he glanced at his watch, before patting the seat next to him. "Take a seat."

Hoseok turned around stiffly, before walking towards Namjoon apprehensively and finally taking his seat after great procrastination. "Well... the weather's pretty nice today, isn't it-"

"So... I heard you and Chungha-ssi are going out."

Hoseok was clearly taken aback by Namjoon's directness. "Well... I don't really know what else to say..."

It was silent for a while, as the two guys sat next to each other on the bench, both not uttering a single word. Hoseok, in particular, seemed to be the one who was looking more... uneasy.

"Well-" Hoseok broke the silence after a while, getting to his feet at once. "If you have nothing else to say, I'll take my leave first-"

"Sit down." Namjoon clucked his tongue as he glanced up at Hoseok agitatedly. "What's the rush? I'm still thinking about how to put what I wanna say in words. And hey, I'm the boss here - if I said I have something to say, you better sit here and listen to me  - even if lunch break is over."

Hoseok grumbled under his breath as he took his seat slowly. "I'm pretty sure you're abusing your power here..."

"What did you say?"

Hoseok faked a smile. "I said, take your time, bujang."

Namjoon eyed Hoseok, unconvinced.

Hoseok flashed him a pretentious smile. "No hurry, bujang - I have all the time in the world."

Namjoon sighed, and it was followed by a long pause before he finally spoke again.

"I guess... there's not much I really want to say except that..." Namjoon glanced at Hoseok. "I hope you treat her well."

Hoseok blinked a few times. "You took five whole minutes to say that?"

"My thoughts are way more complicated than you can imagine, okay?" Namjoon groaned. "I'm just saying... what can be said."

"So then can I interpret it as... the rest of your thoughts are just cursing me out...?"

"I mean... not exactly."

"Wow."

"I'm kidding..." Namjoon laughed, but Hoseok remained unconvinced. "But to say that I'm not slightly jealous of you will be lying - you did win her heart in the end, after all."