chapter 107: i love you

<OST: Like a fool - 2AM>

Some people vow not to be drunk and end up as the most drunk one at the table.

Some people, as in, Kim Seokjin.

"Jungkook-ah!" Seokjin's voice was getting louder and louder. But thankfully, they were both in a private room so no one could come in and invade Jungkook's privacy. "Did you know? For five years... I was your manager... for five whole years, I took care of you, I looked after you, I fed you... you're practically my baby! My baby, you know! I'd do everything for you... so I had no choice but to move in with that woman... Moon author-nim! Moon Byulyi... And I regret it so much... I regret that so much..."

Jungkook watched on quietly as Seokjin sobbed into the table.

"Remember when I told you about my first love...?" Seokjin's speech was slurred, his eyes unfocused, but he still carried on. "My first love! Wah... I loved her so much, you know... I cannot forget her till today, I thought I'd never be able to forget her... but everything changed after I met Moon author-nim... No! I mean... Moon Byulyi! Byul-ah... Byul-ah..."

"Hyung-" Jungkook was slightly tipsy, but nowhere near as wasted as Seokjin was. He prodded Seokjin in the arm gently. "Get up, we should go home now..."

"I don't want to!" Seokjin flung Jungkook's hand away and drank downed some more beer. "Let me drink... Let me drink! Byulyi-ya...! I miss you..."

Jungkook shook his head as he himself had some more to drink.

"I..." Seokjin was alternating between lying on the table and jerking himself back up to a sitting upright position every thirty seconds. "I don't know how I started liking her either... She was supposed to be my enemy at the beginning... We were nothing alike... We fought all the time, we even fought over tomatoes?! Hahaha... But overtime, I started thinking about her more and more... but she likes someone else, what do I do? Tell me! What am I supposed to do...? I wish I was that guy... whatever his name was... Some type of footwear... Flip flops? Slippers? Shoes...? Hahaha... Who's called shoes... Sandals? Ah...! Sandol... Sundial...? Hahaha... why did his mom name him that...? I need some sunlight... no... water! My throat is dry... water... Seokjin-ie is thirsty..."

Bang!

And with that, Seokjin fell unconscious on the table, completely passed out.

"What on earth is this...?" Jungkook mumbled to himself as he poked at Seokjin's limp hand. "We came here for me to tell you my problems... but you're totally out cold before I can even begin..."

Jungkook sipped slowly at his beer, his eyes red from a mixture of sleep deprivation and the alcohol. He sat there in silence for a while, pouring himself drinks and slowly finishing them before pouring himself some more.

"I guess this is good too," Jungkook said quietly as he looked down at Seokjin. "Maybe it'll be better you don't hear this, because if you did... you'll laugh at me for being such a pushover."

Seokjin snorted in response, even amidst his slumber.

"Well-" Jungkook raised his eyebrows and backed away a little. "I haven't even begun."

Seokjin fidgeted around in his sleep and began snoring after settling down once more. Jungkook waited for a while more to sort out his thoughts, before he finally began.