chapter 110: three's a crowd

<OST: Start - Gaho>

"Good afternoon, Jungkook-ssi."

Jungkook smiled and bowed a little at a company staff who greeted him. "Good afternoon!"

The staff walked out of the waiting room, completely shocked by Jungkook's unusual friendly attitude.

"I'm here," Jungkook said, glancing briefly in Jennie's direction as she had her makeup done.

"And?"

"I'm sorry-" Jungkook smiled sheepishly. "For being rude to you that day."

Jennie inhaled deeply, before glancing up at her makeup artist. "Unnie, could you go help me find my favourite cherry lipgloss? I think I left it in the toilet earlier."

"I'm on it!"

Jennie turned to Jungkook as her makeup artist vanished out of the room. "You were saying?"

"Huh?"

"You said you were sorry?"

"Ah, yes-" Jungkook pursed his lips as he sat up straight in his chair. "I'm sorry for taking out my anger on you. I was just struggling with some personal problems, but I definitely shouldn't have let that get the better of me and lash out at you... It was really uncalled for, and I just want to apologise for my tone and the things I said to you that day-"

"Wait, hold up-" Jennie put up a hand, looking confused. "When did this happen again...?"

Jungkook stared at her blankly. "That day when your favourite Unit 105 spoke up for you...?"

"Ah..." Jennie burst into laughter. "That day, of course. I remember now, it's just that... you're rude to me almost all the time I sometimes don't even realise that you're being mean."

"Ya-"

"It's okay, don't worry about it-" Jennie waved her hand in the air, dismissing the matter. "I'm used to it."

"Ya-" Jungkook frowned. "I'm sitting here, offering you my sincerest apologies... can't you at least show some emotion?"

"Oh, sorry-" Jennie wiped the stupid grin off her face at once and nodded. "Okay, I forgive you, Jeon Jungkook-ssi."

Jungkook grumbled under his breath.

"Wait, where's Jieun-ssi?" Jennie looked around the room, spotting only Miyeon and Minnie today. "Is she not on duty today...?"

"Oh-" Jungkook bit his lower lip. "Well, it's a long story... but she's fired."

Jennie's eyes widened. "What?"

Jungkook nodded slowly. "Yeah."

"No, but... why?" Jennie instantly realised her volume was increasing a little by little and made a conscious effort to tune hee volume back down. "I thought you liked her? Why didn't you fight for her to stay? Why-"

"Instead..." Jungkook pursed his lips, glancing up at Jennie carefully. "That brings me to the second thing I need to tell you... or rather, request for your permission."

"What is it?" Jennie's eyes was wide open at this point as she leaned in closer to Jungkook. "Ya, you're scaring me."

"I..." Jungkook squeezed his eyes shut and inhaled sharply. "I want to ask her out officially... and I need your permission for me to go ahead."

"Well... I don't approve."

Jungkook opened his eyes at once, flashing Jennie an unhappy frown. "Ya, but-"