10: The Life of the Successors

Magsimula sa umpisa

"I...Already showed this one to them...They really like it." Alistair responded.

"Oh yeah...Have you heard of the new system for elevators...? It was on the news yesterday." Alistair asked.

"Yeah! It's really cool actually! I wonder how they'll do it?" Francis said. 

*Alice and Adrion are always seen together, because of Adrion protectiveness to Alice. Adrion is 2 years older than Alice, so he took the responsibility of being a good big brother. This often leads to Adrion being more of a bodyguard than an overprotective brother. Alice is really popular among her guy classmates because of her kindness and gentle nature, along with her intellect. She may act a bit tomboyish and try to hide her emotions through a smile in front of others, but when she's with her brother or family, she shows who she really is. Only if she wants to show it at least.

Whenever Alice and Adrion are with Francis, Alice gets really close to Francis, teasing him. Adrion just stands beside them quietly, either talking with Alistair or being teased by Alistair himself.

"Boop!" Alice said, touching Francis' nose with hers.

"A-Ah!" Francis exclaimed, backing up.

"You always get caught off guard don't you?" Alice said, giggling.

"I-I guess...Hehe..." Francis said, blushing.

"They're...Acting like a couple...Even though they're not..." Alistair commented, sitting beside Adrion. 

"Alice is really like that...Though she does act a little bit different." Adrion said, before Alistair does the same thing that Alice did.

"W-What the!?" Adrion exclaimed, backing up from his seat.

"It does work...." AListair commented, smiling a bit.

"D-Don't do that again..." Adrion said, looking away and trying to hide his blush

*Alistair is one of the many transfer students of Silver Leaf University, so it's a big day for him that day because he has always wanted to go here, but because his high school wasn't the selected schools before. This meant he can't go there but he was lucky when he heard an announcement that they opened Silver Leaf to all schools. He lives outside of Silver Leaf, so he moved there so it's closer, and coincidentally, his grandmother was there to take care of him for a while until his parents come back from overseas.

When he met Francis, Alice and Adrion, he has never had much knowledge on how to communicate with others. He does small talk with each of them, but then continues to listen to the ongoing conversation after. He soon learned that it's okay if you start to be silent, because the others are patient with him and are happy to adjust to whatever pace.

Today, the Successors are in their usual spot, by the trees near the school's entrance. They agreed to hang out there and be away from the crowd. They are often called by other friend groups to join them but they turn down the offer because they are comfortable with themselves being together, yet they're happy to talk to them in their spare time whenever they're separated. Individually, they also do have other friends, but they are mostly with each other.

During lunch, Alistair was called to fill in some information from the library and the clinic and was not with the others.

"There are a lot of events this month right, Adri?" Alice said before taking a bite.

"Yeah, to be honest, most of them are boring." Adrion replied then looking at Francis.

"How about you Frans, what do you think about the events here in school?" Adrion asked, knowing Francis will agree with him.