chapter 124: matching paces

Start from the beginning

Before Jieun knew it, she was lifted from her seat and gently placed onto the bed, as Jungkook leaned in above her, still remembering not to rest too much of his weight against her tiny body. The whole time, their lips did not stop moving; the whole time, Jungkook was in control, guiding her head gently with a hand while interlocking his fingers with hers against the bed with his other.

Jieun's heart was racing like crazy as she allowed Jungkook to do as he pleased, her free hand lingering around the back of Jungkook's head, her fingers tangled in Jungkook's fluffy brown locks of hair. In the heat of the moment, she felt Jungkook's free hand slip down to her waist, lifting up her blouse ever so slightly and placing his hand where her skin bared. Startled, Jieun pulled away, her hand grabbing on tightly to where Jungkook held her.

"Oh-" Jungkook, clearly startled as well, backed away immediately, still panting a little. His cheeks were slightly pink from his evident fluster and embarrassment. "I'm really sorry, I didn't- I mean, I wasn't- I, um-"

Jieun stared at Jungkook for a few seconds, watching him fumble over his words and unable to make eye contact with her after that awkward encounter.

"No, it's okay..." Jieun finally managed, after catching her breath. She reached out with both hands to cup Jungkook's face and direct him to look at her once more. "I... I was just surprised, that's all. And nervous. I- I- It's just that, you know, I have never- I have never gone this far before... and things were just going a little too fast for me-"

"No, yeah, you're right-" Jungkook still refused to meet Jieun's eyes, as he lay down on the bed right next to her, staring at the ceiling. "I shouldn't have rushed things. I'm really sorry... It was just, really, completely out of impulse, I didn't..."

"It's fine," Jieun said with a small smile as she reached down and interlocked her fingers around Jungkook's once more. "And I'm sorry too, that I'm unable to keep up with your pace."

"That's never something that you should need to apologise about-" Jungkook turned to look at Jieun with a little sparkle in his eyes. "You can go at your pace, I'll match it."

"See?" Jieun smiled sweetly as she whispered. "This is another reason why I like you so mu-"

Bang!

The door swung open and Seokjin burst into the room at that moment, with the exact same bad timing he always had.

"YA! Jeon Jungkook, I need to tell you something really urgent, Moon Byulyi said she wants-" Seokjin stopped short as he finally spotted Jungkook and Jieun lying on the bed next to other in the dark room. His expression completely changed at once. "Damn."

Jieun and Jungkook just stared at him.

"I... I came in at the wrong time, didn't I?" Seokjin figured, as he slowly backed away towards the door. "I... um, well, actually- it's not that urgent... I'll show myself out, don't worry..."

Jungkook sniggered softly as Seokjin backed out of his room and closed the door gently behind him.

"That hyung-" Jungkook chuckled. "He never knows when the right time is."

Jieun giggled softly as she snuggled up closer to Jungkook, resting her head against his side. "You're right. If he had come in any second earlier, that'd be the second time he walked in on us making out."