Chapter 7

Later

"Okay so I'm thinking I'll wear this green one," said Adele, changing with a wave of her wand into a dazzling emerald dress.

"It's my favourite! Opinions?"

"Oooh yes I love that, it suits you better than the red too I think," said Georgia, cocking her head sideways.

"I think that's the one yes, it's beautiful. But don't you think it's a bit early for trying on dresses for the ball Del?" Asked Kiara, raising an eyebrow at Adele's change in spirit.

"I'm just so excited to go, I want to see what you girls will wear too."

"You seem a lot happier about it," said Georgia, also noticing the difference in mood.

"I'm just great." She said smiling. "I feel like... I feel like I've got the answers I need, I'm not in a land of the unknown anymore, so it's time to move on."

Georgia and Kiara glanced at each other with an odd look,  not quite sure what she was implying.

Judging by the Hufflepuff's reactions, Adele realised how loud her thoughts had become. She quickly tried to divert the meaning of her statement.

"Like I knew the green was way more my style than the red, it was just nice to get the approval."

Georgia nodded, proceeding to bring out a game of Wizard's chess and clapping her hands excitedly for the night of games they had ahead.

Kiara stared out the window intently. Of course she knew that Adele wasn't talking about ball gowns, she was talking about Draco. But what did she mean by saying "I've got the answers I need"? Had he plucked up the courage to take the risk?

She was stopped in her trail of thought by a loud pecking at the window, she went over and opened it to find Ulysses, Draco's eagle owl with a note attached to his foot.

She turned around to see her best friends invested in the game before them, laughing and strategically planning their next moves.

She opened the note, reading "Meet me now at the astronomy tower - D". Crumpling the piece of paper in her pocket, she stood, putting her cape over her pyjamas.

"Where are you going?" Said Georgia.

"Just to do some research," Kiara replied, picking up her wand and tying up her shoe laces.

"At this hour?" Adele added.

"Are you really going to question it?" Kiara smiled at them. "Don't wait for me,"

The girls mumbled in agreement, returning to their game. It was after all, very close to check mate.

Once Kiara had left the room, Adele glanced over to the window the owl had just arrived at. There was something strange about it's feathers, She wasn't sure but... she could've sworn she'd seen that owl before. In fact, more specifically, she was sure she had seen the owl with Draco before, in and around the grounds. Maybe her eyes were deceiving her. Or maybe they weren't. But if they were, why would Draco's owl be visiting Ki?

The astronomy tower

"The suspense is killing me," said Kiara, entering the room dramatically as she slammed the door shut behind her and sat opposite Draco, who had been waiting for her, back propped up against the wall in a sitting position.