Freedom

I needed to get away. I needed to get away from him... from the power he had over me...

I waited until it was well gone midnight, hoping the darkness would cloak me. I found as many black items of clothing as I could, pulling the dark black hoodie over my tied up hair. I checked the hallway for movement... nothing...

I closed the door before pushing the heavy dresser infront of it. I made my way over to the window, before pushing the widow open. The warm summers air fanning against my face.

I took one last look past my shoulder towards the door, before stepping out onto the ledge. I shuffled along until the ledge widened onto a flat piece of roof. I took a moment to scout the ground, there was a few men wandering around, guns holsters at their side.

I quickly ran to the other side of the roof, there was noone there... I swung my legs over the side of the roof, before slowly sliding down the drainpipe. My feet met the ground moments later.

I turned, before quickly running towards the trees.

"HEY!" A man yelled before switching an alarm. An ear piercing siren rang out through the trees, followed by the sound of feet behind mine. I didnt stop to look... my years of cross country running coming in handy.

"Where is she?!" One growled, clearly out of breath. "Stupid bitch"

"Boss is going kill us!" Another one remarked.

Suddenly I came to a clearing, a rode which led to lights... I turned on my heel quickly making my ways to the lights. I knew it might be a bad idea to run to the lights... but it was my only option. As I got nearer I was greated with the sound of cars, music... life... normality.

I slowed, hiding myself in the hustle and bustle of the streets.

"Excuse me... can I borrow your phone?" I asked a lady, who hurried down the street, cluthing onto her bag. She rolled her eyes before taking off quickly.

Think... what should I do? Suddenly I saw the police station, my heart skipping a beat.

I ran inside, before telling them everything. "Help me... my name is... Rosalie Acerra... I was taken... I've been kept hostage for weeks now..."

"Okay miss, come take a seat. I'll get the detective and we will contact your family. Do you know their contact number?" The kind receptionist said.

She took me to a small room, the lights dim... but it felt strangley safe.

"Evening... I'm Detective Del'Rosa, your father is on the way but right now your safe here..." I was reassured by the tall lady. I took a second to take her appearance in, her hair was pulled back into a tight bun, and she wore a simple grey suit. "Now you wait here... your father will be here within the hour. Can I get you anything... food? New clothes?" She asked, looking at my disheveled appearance. I looked down, my trousers were covered in mud, sticks were stuck in my hair and sweat rolled down my forehead.

"Clothes... please.." I muttered.

---

It was 2 hours later when the detective came back. The receptionist had brought me some clothes, comfy grey swets... comfy and fashionable... Great...

She also brought me a cup of coffee and a slice of what seemed to be chocolate cake. "Here dear" she spoke "this is from my retirement cake... you enjoy it." She winked, before leaving the room.

I sat there for 2 hours. Thinking about how I would explain this... how I would great my father.

"il mio piccolo bambino" (my little baby) . As soon as I heard his voice I broke down. Tears flooded my eyes as I ran towards him. "quando mi hanno telefonato..." (when they phoned me...). My father cooed into my ear. I nestled my head into his neck, his familier scent engulfing me.

"papà" (dad) I cried, holding onto him so tight.

"andiamo a casa, tua madre è fuori di sé". (Lets go home, your mother is beside herself).

"He won't come after me will he...?" I asked, my voice shaking.

"Over my dead body.." he growled, before pulling me towards the door "lets go home"