The worst 'best' day

⬆ Rosalie!

Hello! Welcome to the third book in the Amandolo series, Adorarlo! I can't believe we're already on the third book!?

I'm super excited to take a bit of a different direction with this book... with not only familiar faces returning, but also some new... interesting characters (one isn't really 'new' but is to Rosalie)

I hope you all enjoy this book! And your as excited as I am to see where this goes?!

So without further ado... I present...

Adorarlo.

-------------------------

For as long as I can remember I've felt lucky. My childhood was as normal as could be expected for the daughter of the Italian Mafia's boss. Within the walls of my house, we were just like any normal family... that made memories, laughed.. fough. But at the end of the day we were still a family.

Today was meant to be another one of those 'normal' days. It was meant to be a special day in fact... My little sisters birthday.

"Rosie we've been waiting for you for half an hour! Let's go!" My mum said, storming into my room. She looked at me slightly annoyed, before she huffed under her breath. "What are you doing?" She asked, walking over to where I sat.

"I'm just writing Gabi's card!" I said, scribbling my name.

"Rosie what have I told you about doing things last minute?" She chuckled, patting me on the shoulder.

"Not to do it.." I trailed off "But, hey, you can't change perfection" I said trying to sound còcky.

"You wish" my mum muttered, rolling her eyes, before laughing lightly. "You look beautiful darling" she said.

"Dad said it suited my hair" I said, looking down at the coral pink shift dress.

"Did you two go shopping together again?" She asked, tidying up bits and bobs around my desk.

"Yes" I said carelessly, sealing the envelope shut. I stood up, straightening out my dress before stepping into the nude ballerinas. 

"You two are like two pees in a pod" she laughed.

"I know" I said proudly. Me and my dad were more like best friends. I could tell him pretty much anything... unless it was about a boy... on that subject he got a little protective and moody.

"Right you, come on, everyone is waiting for you. Your sister is practically drooling on the cake down there" my mum said, heading towards the door. She turned back, making sure I followed her down the stairs.

The garden was packed with people, carnival rides filled the empty spaces. As I made my way through the patio doors I saw my dad waiting for me, a proud look on his face.

"There's my beautiful princess" He said, pulling me into a hug.

"Where's Gabi?" I asked, as I rested my chin on his shoulder.

"Gabriella is on the bouncy castle. And your brother is probably over by the food with his friends..." He replied, before placing a kiss on my forehead.  "Go have fun" He instructed, before turning and walking off towards my mum.

I stood watching people rush around happily, children screaming as they ran around their parents feet.

I saw my brother on the far side of the garden, his face defeated. I stepped off the decking, pushing my way through the crowed.

"Hey what's up little bro?" I asked, sitting down next to him.

He didn't reply, but I followed his gaze to his best friend Tyler and some girl.

"Do you like her?" I asked, nudging his shoulder.

"It doesn't matter, she likes Tyler" He said, taking a sip of his cola.

"Want me to get dad to beat him up?" I said sarcastically.

"Nah" He replied, "Besides dad doesn't do that anymore... that's Leo's job"

When my mum had Gabi 6 years ago, my dad stepped away from the mafia slightly. He was still in charge, he still made all of the decisions, but Leo ran the rest of it. Along with Marco, who occasionally dropped by when he wasn't chasing some woman around the world. My dad and Angelo just sit in my dad's office, drinking whisky and watching football... they call it working.

"Besides, I thought you had a crush on Angelica?" I teased.

"Ew no" He replied, "She's basically our cousin". Luca stood, turning to the crowed before turning back to me "Your boyfriends here" He said casually before walking off to his friends.

"Hes not my boyfriend" I replied, basically to myself as I realised I was now alone. I stood up, peering over the crowed, my eyes falling on Noah. Noah Montgomery, the hottest guy in my school. The sad part was, he wasn't a dìck like his type usually are. Noone really knew what his type was, I don't even think he knows what his type is. He's never had a girlfriend, which frustrated the hell out of all the girls in the school. Me on the other hand, didn't really care. Yes I found him attractive, yes I like it when he's around... but that doesn't mean I have to like him... does it?

As I began making my way through the crowed again, I got stopped by Gabi, her small arms wrapping very tightly around my waist. "Sissy!" She squeeled. Obviously high off love hearts and popping candy.
"Where are you going? Bounce with me?!"

"I'm going to speak to Noah" I said, prying her arms from around my waist.

Her face lit up, "Noah!" She screeched, running off through the herd of people.

By the time I reached her she had already clung onto Noah, who chuckled happily to his friends.

"Hey little G" He said, patting her head lightly. She smiled widely.

"Noah, bounce with me?" She asked "I asked Rosie but she wouldn't"

"In a minute little G, go wait for me over there" He replied. Gabi seemed happy with this, merrily skipping away across the garden. "Hey Rosie" Noah said, walking away from his friends to hug me tightly.

"Hey, thanks for coming" I said.

He smiled perfectly, his eyes sparkling in the late afternoon sun. "I better go to Gabi before she runs back over here and drags me with her... see you later beautiful". And with that he wandered over to Gabi, dissapearing into the madness of the party. I stood stationary for a moment, feeling extremely out of place. I scanned the crowed hoping to see someone... anyone. My eyes locked with someone I'd never seen before, he wore all black, his dirty blonde hair peeking out from under his hood. I didn't really think much of him, he was probably one of Noah's weird stoner friends. I turned, walking back into the house, hoping to slip away unnoticed to get away from the horrible party. I grabbed a can of lemonade from the fridge, before wandering towards the stairs, the noise of the party fading as I got further away.

As I reached the bottom of the stairs, I heard someone shuffling behind me, my heart rate picking up. I cautiously turned, my eyes meeting the blonde guy from outside.

"Shh" He hushed, before I felt a sting in my arm, my world going dark.

-----------

:O drama! I hope your all excited, and this wet your appetite for the rest of the book! I can't wait to see what happens next? Who is the blonde guy?!