Chapter 7

"I made reservation at the restaurant in Sheraton, we'll be having dinner there tonight," Riv announces to us in the living room.

It has been a day since auntie Linda arrived. When she arrived yesterday, we all just spent the whole day either talking or watching movies. Of course we watched romance movies as my mom and I had demanded. We are both romance geeks and we just can't help it. Lachlan, Johnny, and Daniel all protested but we voted and it was a unanimous decision to watch romance.

We watched The Notebook and it was my favorite part of the day because Lachlan and Daniel said they have never watched it and they both ended up crying. Hard. I cried too, but out of amusement and laughter. I would've been sad crying, but I just loved watching the two men who say they're 'tough' cry.

Daniel kept on saying it was 'allergies' and that just made me laugh harder. I know what to use against Daniel and Lachlan now. I also may or may not have took a video of them crying because I just wanted to remember this day and I could use it as blackmail too. The day I first saw Daniel Grey cry his heart out for a romance movie.

'Tough' my ass.

"What time?" I ask Riv.

The restaurant at Sheraton, the hotel, had really good food and it even has this station where you can get like raw chicken or steak, add your own seasonings and stuff to it, then give it to the chefs to cook it.

"7:00," Lachlan says.

I hear a mix of 'okay's and we all nodded.

"Isn't it gonna be pretty expensive though?" I ask.

It is, in fact, pretty expensive and pretty fancy as well.

"Sugar daddy," Riv smirks and points to Lachlan.

Lachlan rolls his eyes while me, Daniel, and auntie Linda laugh.

We were all in the living room either on our phones or eating snacks. The only people who were not here was Amanda, Johnny, and my mom who were on a playdate with another child.

It warmed my heart how Johnny felt bad that he was gonna leave Amanda behind to go on a playdate, so he invited Amanda to come.

It took a lot of convincing for Lachlan to let Amanda go on the playdate with a stranger they both don't know, but we still managed to let him say yes. But in order for him to say yes, he said someone else he knew should accompany them and we all agreed to let my mom go. My mom didn't want to, but we did that voting thing and all of us voted for her except for herself.

"Wait, what is this dinner for anyways, any occasion?" I question.

"It's a surprise," Riv said and smiled at Lachlan.

She's probably preggo or getting married, I joke to myself.

Wait, what if she actually is preggo or getting married. Well, I'm not gonna overthink it because I'll know later.

Daniel angrily stormed out of the living room and ran upstairs and I heard his door slam shut.

What's wrong? They just said they have a surprise, I don't see anything wrong with that.

"I'll go see what's up," I tell them then go upstairs to his room.

I knock twice on his door waiting for a response. After a couple knocks and no responses, I twist the door knob slowly and open the door slightly.

He was under the covers in his bed reading a book. He had earphones on, so that's the reason why he wasn't responding. I take a look at the book and see that he's reading The Fault in our Stars by the one and only John Green.