I stared at him smiling.

“What the fuck kind of shit is that?” I said laughing.

“Damn. Zoey is fine though.” King said smiling.

“Fuck ya’ll, get off my girl cause the only nuts she gonna be riding is mine.” I said.

They started laughing and I just smiled.

“We don’t want Bella with her cute ass.” Jamahl said.

“Whatever.” I said.

“You my nigga though.” Jamahl said.

Our house phone started ringing and I got up and went to go answer it.

“Hello?” I said answering.

“Good afternoon is Zoey Garrison or Ezra Patterson available?” the lady on the other line said.

“This is Ezra.” I said.

“From the information I have you and Zoey are very close with LaMaya.”

“Yeah, what’s up with her?”

“She committed suicide yesterday and this is one of the last few numbers that were left in her phone. I just wanted to inform you and your family.”

“Damn, are you serious? How did she do it?” I asked.

“She shot herself in the head.”

Zoey walked through the door and I knew this shit was about to hurt her and I didn’t want to be the one to tell her but I had to.

“Can I call you back on this number?” I asked.

“Sure.”

“Alright bye.” I said sighing.

“Hey guys.” Zoey said walking over and sitting on the couch smiling.

Alyssa went and hugged all of them. I slick think Jamahl was her favorite though cause she like being around him.

After I hung the phone up and I went and sat beside Zoey staring at the ground. Damn, I just can’t believe Lala did that shit. She knew I would have done anything in this world for her no matter how far apart we were. She has always been like a sister since 7th grade, I just can’t believe this shit. Life is fucked up.

“Aye bro what’s wrong with you?” King asked.

Everybody in the room looked at me and I didn’t want to blurt it out cause I already know Zoey’s reaction.