F O U R T Y

It was September first, the day everyone returned to Hogwarts. This year I was returning but as a teacher. I apparated to Hogwarts an hour before the students were to turn up and got myself ready for the sorting ceremony and feast. They had given me my own room at Hogwarts which wasn't very big but I wasn't going to be staying anyways, I was planning on apperating home at the end of the school day. I sat at the teachers table at the front of the hall by Professor McGonagall as Dumbledore went to the podium to make his yearly speech.  

''Very best of evenings to you all'' he starts, ''First of let me introduce two of our newest members of staff, Y/N Lupin'' The hall claps as I give an awkward smile to the hall. ''She was a recent student at Hogwarts and she will be Professor McGonagall's classroom assistant''  ''Our second member of staff is Horace Slughorn'' The students clap again ''Professor Slughorn has agreed to resume his old post as potions master meanwhile the post of defence against the dark arts will be taken by professor Snape'' a large clap came from the Slytherin table though when I looked over I saw Draco drifted off in his own world not paying much attention to what was going on. ''Now as you know each and everyone of you were searched upon your arrival tonight and you have the right to know why. Once there was a young man who like you sat in this very hall, walked this castles corridors, slept under this roof. He seemed to all the world a student like any other, his name, Tom Ridddle'' the hall broke out in whispers. ''Today of course he's know all over the world by another name which is why as I stand looking out upon you all tonight, I am reminded of a fact every day, every hour, this very minute perhaps, dark forces attempt to penetrate this castle's walls. In the end that greatest weapon is you, theres something to think about. Now off to bed, pip, pip'' he finishes.

Hogwarts didn't feel the same anymore, it wasn't the fact I was a teacher and not a student, it was the fact that it felt dark and unsafe. I rushed out the hall and caught up with Draco, I managed to grab a hold of his arm and pulled him aside.

''What's going on, you seem down?'' I ask.

''Nothing Y/N, it's fine just leave it'' he says.

''Are you sure?  I know we haven't really spoke much since before the fire but I still here for you if you ever need to talk'' I say.

''Thank you Y/N but I'm fine honestly'' He says.

''I don't believe you for a second Draco but I trust that you are handling it'' I say giving him a hug.

''You know, I've missed how close we were, you always brought a bit of happiness to our dark lives'' Draco says.

''Thanks Draco, you get yourself to bed anyways, I need to get home, Goodnight'' I say waving as I walk away.

''Goodnight Y/N'' Draco says.

I walk to my room and apperate to outside of the shop. I walk into the shop, they were just closing up for the night.

''I'll go put the tea on'' I say to the boys as I make my way upstairs to the flat.

I put my bag down and hung my coat up on the coat stand. I headed to the kitchen and made some tomato pasta for the three of us and grated some cheese on top. Fred and George came into the door of the flat.

''How was your first day of work then'' Fred says putting his hands on my waist and giving me a kiss on the cheek.

''Wasn't really much today, just the great hall ceremony. Hogwarts just seems scary now'' I say.

''What do you mean? Will you be okay there?'' Fred asks.

''Yeah of course, just it isn't the same. Dumbledore's speech just made it sound eerie'' I say.

''Well Y/N, if one thing goes wrong you aren't going back, I'm not having you be killed'' Fred says.

I take the bowls of pasta over to the dining table and we all tuck in.

''So who's the defence against the dark arts teacher this year?'' George asks.

''Snape'' I say.

''Snape? So who's potions?'' They ask.

''Horace Slughorn, he retired in eighty one but he's returned'' I say.

We finished the pasta and Fred offered to wash the dishes. I went upstairs and got ready for bed. I got into bed and fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.