S I X T Y - T W O

We had just got back from our weekly shop and were putting the food away in the cupboards with our wands while Alfie sat in his high chair, amused by the food floating into the fridge. 

''I'll handle this, you go take the test love'' Fred said as he was putting away some cereal.

I nodded and picked up the pregnancy test from the bench. I went to the upstairs bathroom. As soon as I was upstairs I closed the door behind me and then unboxed the test. 

After two minutes of waiting it was finally time to see the results. I sat there with butterflies in my stomach just waiting for the answer. I picked up the test and it felt as if my heart dropped.

I am pregnant.

I was overjoyed, but how was Fred going to feel about this. Was he even ready for another child? I mean Alfie isn't even one yet. 

I picked up the test and went back downstairs to the kitchen.

''So, are you?'' He asked sipping his tea.

I smiled for a moment and replied ''I am''

He put down his tea and pulled me tight into his chest, placing kisses on my forehead. By his reaction I could tell he was happy.

''Alf's going to be a big brother'' He cried into my shoulder.

''Are you crying?''

''I'm just really happy Y/N'' He said as he pulled out of the hug and smiled at me.

-----------------------------------------------------

We decided to have the family round for tea tonight so we got the larger table in the back garden ready. Even though it was our house, Molly still insisted she would make the food so she came around a few hours earlier. Now that everyone was here we gathered round the large table in the rather large back garden. Alfie and Teddy were sat next to each other, Alfie on Molly's knee while Teddy was on mum's.

''When do we tell them?'' Fred whispers to me.

''I don't know, just tap on a glass with a spoon like in the movies or something'' I whispered back.

Fred tapped on the glass with the spoon lightly though nobody stopped talking. He turned to me shrugging his shoulders.

''Tap it harder''

He tapped the glass again harder but it smashed.

''Not that hard'' I whispered.

''What did you do that for? They were my nice glasses I brought over'' Molly said confused.

''Well I was trying to get everybody's attention'' he replied.

''Why?'' Asked George.

''Well me and Y/N have an announcement to make'' Fred  announced.

Everyone looked up from their food and looked at Fred and I.

''Y/N is pregnant''

''Oh my goodness, I'm so happy'' Molly cried on my left, bringing me into a tight hug.

''Really?'' Bill asked, ''So is Fleur''

''Oh my goodness, two more grandchildren'' Molly cried as Arthur came to comfort her.

I hadn't heard anything from my dad yet and as I looked over I saw tears in his eyes.

''Oh dad, come here'' I said as I walked over to him and hugged him tightly.

''You're just growing up so fast, I remember when you were a little girl trying to look after Harry when he was a baby'' Dad laughed which caused the whole table to laugh.

Most of the table was in tears of happiness, surprisingly George was the worst. Fred and George were trying to explain to Alfie that he was going to be a big brother but he just stared at them with his big eyes, not understanding a word.

---------------------Hi guys I've decided to do smaller chapters for this story as there's not much of a plot, it's just how life goes on after the war. I'm also writing a book about the next generation of children, I think I'm going to publish it once this baby has been born--------------