A Cauldron Full of Love

2 days had passed since Hermione and I talked during the Quidditch game, and we became inseparable. It was now Christmas Eve and everyone in the Weasley house was preparing for the closely approaching holiday. Hermione and I had stayed up until the early hours in the morning the past nights talking about things we'd never cared to talk about before then. I told her my secrets, and she told me hers. It was like a switch had been flipped.

   Ron was still glaring ever so slightly at Harry every time he spoke to me. I was beginning to worry when I would have to tell Ron I didn't feel the same way about him. I'd just hoped that he'd get over it before I had to say anything. It seemed like I was the only one who noticed the way Ron would look at Harry when we talked.

   I was in Ginny's room, wrapping the presents I'd gotten for Ron, Harry, and Hermione. I'd locked the door to ensure no one would come in and ruin the surprise. For Ron, I'd gotten an assortment of sweets from Honeydukes, with Chocolate frogs, Fizzing Wizzbees, and a jar of Butterbeer. For Harry, I'd gotten him sweets and an advanced textbook for Defense Against the Dark Arts for our D.A. meetings. Lastly, for Hermione, I'd gotten her a disposable camera that could take moving pictures, and a rather detailed planner for the upcoming year.

   Everyone else was downstairs, probably being forced to listen to "Cauldron Full Of Love," courtesy of Mrs. Weasley. I was particularly excited because Lupin and Tonks were due to come over any minute. I had speculation they would sneak Sirius over in his animagus form, but Mrs. Weasley wouldn't tell us anything. I supposed this was because it was going to be a surprise for Harry.

   I finished wrapping the gifts, and I headed downstairs just as there was a knock on the door. Mrs. Weasley jumped and rushed over to answer it. Hermione was engaged in a conversation with Mr. Weasely about her parents, feeding his muggle obsession. Lupin and Tonks walked in, and I walked over to greet them with everyone else. Then, a familiar black dog came in right after. Everyone was pleased to see Sirius, although Harry most of all. 

   It felt great to be back with everyone, they were my second family, and where I could feel at home. We soon sat down to eat dinner, Hermione on my left, and Tonks on my right. Everyone was engaged in a discussion full of laughs and anecdotes, and occasionally Hermione and I would laugh together during breaks in the conversation. I found myself being vulnerable around her, and I secretly loved this. She made me feel safe, accepted. 

   Soon enough, everyone was done eating, and we all crowded in the cramped living room. We were all reminiscing, and overall having a great time enjoying each other's company. The time seemed to fly by, and after a few hours, everyone had gone to sleep. Hermione, Ron, Harry, and I had stayed down later than the others, taking the chance to talk while we were alone. 

   "Have you seen the way Tonks stares at Lupin? It's like she wants nothing more than to snog him to death," Harry said. We all laughed, and Hermione added, "I agree, but Lupin definitely returns the favor." "Well, I guess she likes her men a little hairier than most," Ron said while grinning at us. We all continued making jokes and speculations until Ron and Harry said they were going to bed. Hermione and I called goodnight to them but stayed in the living room.

   "Well, I'm nowhere near tired," Hermione said, sighing. "Me neither," I added. There was silence for a few seconds before I said, "Wanna go outside?" "Are you kidding? It's probably freezing out there," Hermoine said as if I were crazy. "What were coats made for, Granger? Live a little, come on," I said, standing up, then pulling her to her feet. "Oh alright, but if I get frostbite, it's on you," She said, running to get her coat.

   I grabbed my coat from the hook by the door and waited for her there. Hermione soon was tip-toeing down the stairs, trying her best to be quiet. She gave me that playfully annoyed look she always did as we went outside. I plopped down in the snow and patted down for Hermione to join me. "You are absolutely insane, (y/n)," she said as she reluctantly sat down. "Now lay back, see how clear the sky is?" I asked her. We both laid down flat in the snow.

   "Look, there's the little dipper," I said, pointing at the small bundle of stars above us. "The sky is rather beautiful at night," Hermione said. Astronomy was one of my best subjects, and I really did have a love for a clear night sky. "And over there is Aries, and we should be able to see Perseus somewhere..." I trailed off. We lay there in silence for what seemed like hours, but I wasn't complaining. I could lay in the cold snow, looking up at the stars, with her forever.

   The peaceful silence was interrupted by a noise coming from the house, and we both sat up and turned our heads to look at it. A light had turned on near the top of the home. "We should probably get back inside, it's pretty late," Hermione said. I nodded, sad that I couldn't stay there with her longer. We walked back to the house, shaking the snow off of our clothes as we did. We hung our coats and wiped our shoes off on Mrs. Weasley's mat. We quietly made our way upstairs, until we got to Ginny's room, where she was, of course, sleeping. She had opened her window, and the room was a lot colder than the rest of the house.

   Our clothes were wet from the snow, so Hermione and I changed our clothes facing away from each other. Even though I had quite a crush on her, I remained respectful. I finished changing, and I turned around to face Hermione. She had been looking at me, but quickly turned her head once I looked at her. I thought this was weird, but I was becoming tired, and I didn't think of it too much.  

   I climbed into bed, and Hermione followed. I laid on my back, and although I was more used to sharing a bed with her, I was still nervous. I remained there, thinking and enjoying the ambiance from outside. "(y/n), I'm bloody freezing," Hermione whispered, breaking the silence. I turned over to face her, and said, "Well do you want me to-" I stopped talking as she shifted as close as she could to me. "This works, I suppose," I said, internally freaking out. She took my arm and put it around her. I hugged her tightly, smiling as she faced away from me.

    At this moment, I was the happiest I'd been all school year. I could smell the old books, fall, and vanilla that always reminded me of her. I felt warm, and my stomach was full of butterflies. I nuzzled my face in the crook of her neck, and sleep overtook me.

(a/n): Thank you all for 100 views! I hope you love reading this as much as I love writing it <3