Epilogue

Hermione and (y/n)'s relationship continued to blossom in the months that followed the night at the Astronomy Tower. They did have their arguments as all couples do, but they ended all the same. Hermione was over the moon for (y/n), saying that she loved every bit of her. However, there is the question of Hermione's parent's response to her letter. 

   As expected, they were outraged. Hermione would send them letter after letter, with no response. The only one she did have was the one telling her that she was "'Disgusting, and 'not their daughter'." Eventually, she drew the line and wrote them a stern letter telling them that, "This is who I am, and I won't change because of your belligerent name-calling." This letter is the one that initiated a response.

  They'd accepted her, begrudgingly, but accepted her nonetheless. This caused Hermione and (y/n)'s relationship to become the happiest it had ever been. They were in love with each other, and they no longer cared who knew. Most of the students at Hogwarts either did not mind or loved how good they were together. Like all similar situations, however, there were those who hated it. Every day, the couple would receive glares from at least two people as they walked through the halls.

   Whenever Ron was accompanying them and saw this happen, he would slyly jinx the person from under his robes. (y/n) and Ron's friendship started off rocky as Ron was getting over his feelings. He soon came around after he saw how happy Hermione made her. The group was better than ever, and they were all happy. 

   This lasted until the night at the ministry. Harry was anxious and freaking out. Harry, (y/n), Hermione, Ron, Neville, Luna, and Ginny went to the ministry, fully expecting Sirius to be there. When they stumbled upon the trap, they all put up a fight. A little into the struggle, Hermione was struck by a powerful jinx. (y/n) carried her on her shoulders the whole way through, eventually having to hand her off to an Order member.

   After everything was over, they were all saddened by the death of Sirius, but Harry most of all. (y/n) was with Hermione every day in the hospital wing, sometimes falling asleep at her bedside and needing to be escorted out by Mrs. Pomfrey. They all found happiness in the extraction of Ms. Umbridge, but in the back of their minds, they knew that He-who-must-not-be-named was rising to power quicker than ever, and now the ministry knew this.

   At the end of the term, Hermione was healed, everyone was emotional. (y/n) and Hermione hugged for a long time after they got off the platform, saying they'd see each other again once they made it to the Burrow at the end of the holiday. They agreed to write to each other every day, and once they finally said goodbye there was a pit in their stomachs.

   Over the summer, they stayed true to their word. They wrote to one another every day, telling each other nonsense when there was nothing to write about. Once they arrived at the Burrow, they spent every moment they could together. They were happy, and ready to take on the next year at Hogwarts together.

(a/n): Sorry if this did not live up to expectations, I wanted to leave the story on a good note. I also wanted to wish a Merry Christmas to anyone who celebrates it. To those who don't, I hope you had a wonderful holiday spent with the ones you love. Thank you all for sticking with me till the end. I'm not sure what I'll write about next, but it may be a while. I hope you enjoyed the story <3