MDIA [Ch. 30]

Previously: My eyes spotted Ashton, a popular boy here, and he sent me a wave. I cautiously opened the paper and read what was on it. He, surprising, has nice handwriting. It read: I saw you at the dance. You looked hot. We should hang out. Get to know each other better. I literally almost threw up in my mouth. Yuck. Everyone knows that Ashton is a man-whore. Everyone knows that he’s always looking for his next toy to play with. Everyone knows these things, and all the girls still would die just by him looking at them. I get it; he’s very hot with his golden blonde hair and his baby blue eyes; that, along with the fact that he has a wealthy family and an amazing body, just tops it all off. He’s not ashamed of his ways either, actually, he showers in it. He likes having all the girls at his feet, waiting to kiss his toes when he tells them too. Unfortunately, I’m not one of those girls. Jerk, slut, and sleaze ball is not my cup of tea.I read what she wrote, it says: Pass. I get the letter and he wrote: I bet I can change your mind.

Chapter 30

“One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight! One, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight! Chelsea, watch your hands!” Mrs. Holt yelled from the audience. “Brittany, more facials!” she continued bellowing out commands as we danced.

Mrs. Holt has been more vicious with us lately, being that we have a competition coming up; more vicious meaning, more strict and wanting perfection. Right now, the girls are doing our routine. Mrs. Holt created a solo for girls to do for the beginning of our showcase, and the guys will have their solo towards the middle shortly after.

“Let’s go! Let’s Go! In position ladies!” Mrs. Holt bellowed at us to get in position to do the routine one last time…thanks Heavens.

The music started, and as did we. I have to admit, this is my favorite routine so far. It’s so fun. I love the song choice and Mrs. Holt told us our costumes will be just as vibrant. We all started off in our own spotlights, frozen in a random, odd pose. Then when the music starts, we begin shaking and flowing our bodies around, not yet moving from our spotlight. Brittany titters towards the front while we do this. When the beat comes in, we begin hitting all of them perfectly.

Throughout the performance, I’m all over the place. At one point I’m in the back, and then at another point I’m dancing in the front. Then I’m on the right side, then the left side. So again I say, I’m all over the place, but not once am I off beat or missing my cue.

While I danced, all the boys were sitting in the audience, watching our performance. I saw a few of them pointing and whispering about us. I didn’t care what they were saying. I spotted David looking from girl to girl, nodding his head to the beat. Whenever his eyes landed on me, he would smile a little.

When the routine was finally complete, we were all standing together with our hands on our hips. Applause broke out from our fellow male dancers. Some were hooting, some were hollering, some were doing both.

They were all shouting out names of who they thought owned the dance, but I didn’t bother listening for my name. I was far too busy looking at Mr. Wilson, whom was also sitting in the audience. Like earlier at his house, he was leaning on his hand with his chin. His index finger’s slowing rubbing his chin as he looked at me with fire in his eyes.