MDIA [Ch. 22]

My Dance Instructor's Assistant

Previously:  "She's my student, Kristine. Some people may get the wrong idea if they found out she's staying here," Mr. Wilson informed her. "People may think you guys are getting freaky? So do you think people will think you seduced him, or he you?" Kristine asked.  "If that situation was to surface, you guys can just make up some story. A story saying she's related to you or something. You know, on dad's side, since Aunt Claire is mom's sister," she finished. "So how'd you sleep?" he asked me.  "Very good. You're bed is extremely comfortable," I said. "Maybe you shouldn't stare at me like that, especially after what you just said. One may think your mind is in the gutter," he said. "Your mind would have to be in the gutter for thinking mines may be in the gutter," I responded back. "I may be your teacher, but I'm still a guy. Try covering up more...for my sanity," Mr. Wilson told me.

Chapter 22

It's now 7:30 at night. I'm currently sitting on the couch of Mr. Wilson's living room, watching television. I'm watching is my favorite television show. It's about two brothers traveling around the world killing supernatural beings. I reached into the big, green bowl sitting on my Indian styled legs and grabbed a grape. Yes, I'm eating grapes.

"You go upstairs, I'll stay down here."

The two brothers split up, on a mission to find a rogue werewolf that's been killing innocent people. "No, don't split up," I say to the brothers, who obviously can't hear me. So now the brothers are separated in the middle of an abandoned warehouse.

A shadow swiftly moved across the screen, making me jump a little. Then a low growl came from the speakers, indicating the werewolf is near. The oldest brother, whom stayed downstairs, heard the growl, and quickly turned towards it, his silver gun raised. There was a tussling noise, which caused the brother to turn to his right. Then another noise came from his left, which caused him to turn left.

The growling became more pronounced as the brother started walking towards the noise. "What are you doing? Don't go towards the man eating wolf!" I told the brother. All of a sudden, the growling stopped, and the brother froze. I stared intently at the television, wondering what's to happen next.

Then without warning, the wolf jumped out of the shadows and toward the screen, making it seem like the wolf was jumping toward me. As soon as that happened, I felt two hands grabbed my shoulders roughly, causing me to scream, loudly. I jumped as I did so, causing the bowl of fruit to fall on the floor, spilling out the grapes.

There was a roar of laughter coming from behind me, and I turned around to see who the culprit was; Kristine. I sighed in relieve that it wasn't the freaking werewolf. Even though I knew the wolf couldn't jump through the screen, the thought was still frightening enough to scare me. I turned to look at the tv, which was know on a commercial. I looked back at Kristine; she was holding her stomach and laughing hard.

"Oh my God!" she said through her laughter. "That...was priceless," she continued. When I got my heartbeat back to normal, I rolled my eyes at her. Seriously, was scaring me really necessary? It was then I noticed Mr. Wilson standing at the bottom of the stairs, quietly laughing himself.

I turned back to Kristine. "Was that really necessary?" I asked her. Once her laughter was under control, she nodded her head.

"I couldn't resist. You were just so into that show that you didn't hear Jared calling you," she defended herself, still giggling. I furrowed my eyebrows and turned to Mr. Wilson.

"You were calling me?" I asked him, surprised I hadn't heard him. He nodded his head and crossed his arms over his chest. He still had an amused smile on his face.