A Twist Of Fate Part 10

Continuation...

Camila's P.O.V.

I was cooking breakfast when I felt arms encircled my waist and a kiss was placed on my head. I turned around in Y/NN arms and gave him a morning kiss.

"Morning love,Need help?"Y/NN asks sweetly

"No love it's ok this is the only meal I know how to cook,Where's Carter?"I ask turning back around to tend to my cooking before it burns.

"He's still asleep he woke up in tears so I made him sleep with us,"Y/NN says grabbing juice from the fridge.

"What happened yesterday?"I ask curious on how we ended up with Carter.

"My partner and I were patrolling random neighborhoods when we got a disturbance call, when they told me the address I immediately knew that was Jessies apartment but I had to be alert because where she lived was in the bad part in LA, Anyway we made our way up to her apartment and her door was broken into and her whole apartment was trashed,I found her in her bedroom lifeless and Carter was hidden in his closet covering his ears laying down in fetal position completely distraught I called out to him and he came straight to me clinging on for dear life the fear in his eyes broke my heart,So that's why I asked if it was ok if I could bring him home I wanted a better life for him one we both could provide,"He explains and my heart went out to Carter no child should ever live in fear but that's just how some people are forced to live in poverty.

"That's terrible, But I'm glad he's here and that we can provide the security he needs, I can't believe we became parents a few hours ago but for some reason it felt right to take him in,"I tell him while he sips his juice.

"I know, I was actually worried we wouldn't be granted legal guardianship. The process is supposed to take longer but my friend Tyler helped me tremendously making it quicker,"He tells me just as we heard soft pitter patter from Carters fast footsteps.

"Good morning buddy,"I hear Y/NN says sweetly,I turn and glance at them to see Y/NN pick him up placing a kiss to his head. Y/NN is literally the sweetest person to walk the earth and seeing him with kids makes him look 10x more hotter.

"Morning daddy,"Carter says in a sleepy voice resting his head on Y/NN's shoulder making me aww at the cute moment.

Carter is six years old so he should be in 1st grade so there is a lot of scheduling we need to fix so one of us is with him before and after school and especially on weekends.

We all ate breakfast and got ready to go and get Carter things he'd need especially for his room because it's to adultish for a six year old.

We arrived at the mall and I was surprised that Carter wanted me to hold him he is a tiny six year old with light brown wavy hair and light brown eyes. I held him on my hip and Y/NN took my free hand making me feel a ton of butterflies and sparks like he always does. (A/N I think I'm gonna start writing he/him instead of she/her because I'm starting to get confused lol but know her spirit is still female Y/n obviously) Our first stop was getting Carter clothes and shoes then we'd get stuff for his room including toys and books and whatever else he wants. Y/NN also decided to buy game consoles for all of us to enjoy as a family so we got new shelving for it. It's been an eventful day of shopping but it was adorable to see Carter's eyes widen in shock at everything he was getting always questioning if it was his for real making us chuckle at his excited expressions.

When we got home Y/NN told me to order in while he gets started on Carters room and the living room because as soon as we got home the delivery people came to drop off the shelving for the TV and gaming consoles so Y/NN quickly worked on everything while we waited for the pizza to be delivered.

"Babe are you sure you don't need help?"I asked from outside of Carters locked door.

"No love I'm good, it's a good thing I'm great at putting stuff together and decorating, I'm just about done with his room,"He yells from inside the room. So I left to hang with Carter.

"Hey sweetie are you thirsty or a snack before the pizza arrives,"I ask him with a smile.

"No thank you, But can we watch TV,"Carter asks softly he hasn't called me mom or mommy since the first time but I'm fine with it, I won't force a title on him plus Y/NN spent more time with him than me so it's to be expected.

"Sure baby,"I tell him and put on some Disney Jr. for him since they have a lot of learning shows. We both sat back and watched I noticed from my peripheral vision he started to get closer but I pretended like I wasn't aware of him doing so.

"Um mommy,can we cuddle?,"He ask softly making my heart melt at the fact he called me mommy without Y/NN in the room.

"Sure baby."I say opening my arms for him and he quickly comes into my embrace making me smile and kiss his head. I know I didn't birth him but I honestly felt like he was mine. After only three episodes and some advertisements The bedroom door opened and in walked Y/NN with the biggest smile.

"He buddy wanna come see your room for a sec,"He asks him and Carter nods so fast he could get whiplash and jumped off the couch and into Y/NN's awaiting arms.

"Come on mommy lets go see my room,"He says holding his hand out still in Y/NN's arms making me feel all types of feelings when he calls me that. I get off the couch and take his small hands as w start to walk to his room. when we finally arrive outside the door Y/NN puts him down and lets him do the honors. When he opened the door he gasped at his room turning to the both of us wrapping his small arms around us.

"Thank you I love it,"Carter says as he goes in his room admiring everything it wasn't nothing to extravagant but it was his and he loved it so its all that matters

"Thank you I love it,"Carter says as he goes in his room admiring everything it wasn't nothing to extravagant but it was his and he loved it so its all that matters. Everything was already put in there respectable places.

Y/NN quickly worked in the livingroom removing the old entertainment center that was only meant to hold the TV. Carter stayed in his room while I supervised Y/NN. I'm really surprised how easy our relationships been, we've never pushed each other into more intimate moments. I love how much respect he's shown me, usually in my old relationships I've always felt pressured but not with him. I've never felt more in love than with moments with him he really kept his word and treats me like a queen. I've never had to worry about anything but my music and him that's it nothing more nothing less, its so relaxing knowing how much he takes care of me and others. He's so gentle with me and everyone around him doesn't matter what background you came from he's always willing to help.

Now I just admire all the hard work he's doing even simple tasks like building a entertainment center.

I think next chapter I'll skip a couple years. This was rushed so I'm sorry if there is little to no interactions with the characters I'll try and do better. But as always thanks for the support and votes it really means a lot.