Zombie Apocalypse

The day our world turned to shit..

I was on my way home from deployment when we all heard the news of an outbreak that was sweeping the world. It all started with scientists experimenting on animals trying to come up with a cure that will get rid of all diseases. Little did they know the world will fall at the hands of these so called cures. What we also had no clue of is the fact that they were using prisoners who were on death row who had any type of illness.One prisoner reacted badly to this experiment which led to his death, an hour later he woke up but went on a violent rampage killing any to all people standing in his way making him infect 50+ people who also ended up like him within 30 minutes biting at anyone they came across.

We immediately were quarantined as we landed in washington, tacoma I was so afraid for my families safety that when this safe haven collapsed from being attacked by the infected I made my way home to grab all the essentials I'd need like guns, ammo, and food and made my way to Miami florida to check on my family in my car which was a 49hr drive. I fixed it up so no infected can break through. I couldnt do much with what I had but it was something. I also made sure to get gallons of gas to last this whole journey and some.

Driving non-stop to my families home took hours I really didnt count it seeing as how I was so focused on driving and dodging these infected people

Driving non-stop to my families home took hours I really didnt count it seeing as how I was so focused on driving and dodging these infected people. What hurt is I saw a little girl and boy walking, infected like the rest and it reminded me of my 7 year old twin younger siblings leah and lucas but I shook those thoughts and focused on getting to them safely.

I finally arrived exhausted but I needed to know. I grabbed my handgun and silencer I didnt wanna chance bringing more infected anywhere near me. I walked to the house that was my childhood home and unlocked the door with my key that I kept for when ever I came over.

I already smelled that god awful stank that came from those things. And I walked in franctically looking for any signs of my family. And what I saw broke me, my younger brother lucas stood there skin torn, I knew it was him from his matching necklaces I got him and leah for their 6th birthday. I also had mine on, it was a broken heart that connected, and he was also wearing a dog tag I had engraved for them both. They never took either off.

 They never took either off