Memories

Tom and Henry sat in chairs, Sammy held an audio tape in his hands. Audio logs were spread in piles around the room.

"Alright, this one's from... Susie Campbell," he pressed play.

"Everything feels like it's coming apart. When I walked into the recording booth today, Sammy was there with that... Allison."

"Did she mean me?" she asked, Sammy nodded.

"Apparently, I didn't get the memo. Alice Angel will now be voiced by Miss Allison Pendle. A part of me died when he said that. There's gotta be a way to fix this!"

It clicked off.

"Anything?" Henry put a hand on Tom's shoulder, the toon shook his head.

Sammy sighed. "Henry, I know this won't help, but maybe we should stop. I mean, it's not working like it did with me."

"The ink's getting much stronger," he studied his hands. "Tom worked on the machine, he'd know how to shut it off quicker."

"I guess," Sammy crouched next to him. "We'll try a couple more."

Bendy tugged on Susannah's arm and handed her a tape.

"Oh, what about this one?" she pressed play.

"It's dark and it's cold and it's stuck in behind every single wall now. In some places, I swear this godforsaken ink is clear up to my knees!" a man's deep, gruff voice spoke, he sounded disgruntled and annoyed.

"Who ever thought that these crummy pipes could hold up under this kind of strain either knows something about pressure I don't, or he's some kind of idiot. But the real worst part about all this... are them noises the system makes."

Tom's eyes widened, he opened his mouth.

"Like a dying dog on its last legs," he croaked, Sammy cried, "Holy-"

"Like a dying dog on its last legs. Make no mistake, this place... this... machine... heck, this whole darn thing... it just isn't natural. You can bet, I won't be doing any more repair jobs for Mister Joey Drew."

"Tom?" Henry's eyes glowed with a strange light.

"Boris clones can't talk!" Sammy stood up. "He talked!"

The wolf turned, his eyes glazed.

"Tom? Are you alright?" Allison put a hand on his shoulder.

He whipped his head to look at her, ears flat against his head. Cupping her face, he tried to say something, but only a gibberish gargle came out.

"It's me, Allison-" Tom pulled her into a tight hug, she gently put her hands on his back.

"I suppose it worked..." Sammy rubbed his arm.

"Yeah, but let's give Tom some time to... adjust."

The toon was shaking, Allison pressed her forehead against his.

"H-Hey, it's okay," she caressed his cheek.

Susannah picked Bendy up and cradled him in her arms. "What exactly do you mean?"

"It's hard for him to have memories suddenly come back," he gazed at Allison. "He knows about his past life again."

Sammy added, "I'm pretty sure he and Allison got married."

Tom lifted his head.

"W-We did?" she widened her eyes and pulled away, but still kept her hands on his shoulders.

"Yep," the music director put the tape down.

***

Tom couldn't talk again, but he and Allison sat down and talked for the rest of the night. He didn't tell her all that he knew.

The toon thought that it would be easier to slowly tell her a bit at a time, or it would overwhelm her.

"So... Were we married?"

She asked the question he wanted to avoid.

He nodded his head slowly.

Allison rubbed her hands together nervously.

Susannah looked at the two, Bendy curled up on her lap, she broke the awkward silence. "Um, have you remembered building the machine?"

He tilted his hand and shook it. 'Kinda.'

Henry opened the door, Bendy leapt off her legs and reached up to Henry, his hands outstretched.

The man picked him up and held him gently. "Do you know what we can do?"

'We can enter it's core,' he would've said. 'Then stop it directly from there.'

"It has a core?"

Tom nodded again.

"That's somethin' even I didn't know," Bendy admitted, leaning against Henry.

"You lived down in the machine, didn't you?" the angel questioned, the demon sat up a little straighter.

"Yeah, we can go see it tomorrow."

"Tomorrow?" Susannah blinked at him.

"Well, why not?" he winked at her.

A/N: I've got to once thank you again for reading this, it reminds me that someone out there actually enjoys my writing! Thanks!