"What am I doing up?" He repeated my sentence like it was the most ridiculous thing he's ever heard. "I should be asking you what are you doing up so late, but I think we both know that I'd rather not know the answer to that."

The blue in his eyes looked like a burning fire, not yet dangerous but ready to explode at any moment. His stare only hardens on me when I walked closer to him in the office now standing directly in front of his desk. The body still, limbs stiff and my thoughts racing.

"Looking for this?" Dangling in between my father's hand was the necklace Asher had given me. My eyes widened at the sight and I balled my fist not daring to reach over to the desk and snatch it from him. He twirled it around in the light, his face examining it with a look of disgust. "I don't know why you care about this thing so much. It's basic."

"Can I just have it back?" I decided to ask nicely already knowing the answer.

My father pushed himself up from the office chair now standing to his full height. "Now why should I do that? So you can run back to that boy?"

"You know his name. Asher Montgomery." I bit back this time.

He let out a disgusted groan, his lips up turning into an unpleasant scowl. "Do you not realize how stupid you look getting involved with someone like him? That boy is nothing but trouble and I told you to stay away from him and you completely disobey my word and go out of your way for him time and time again. Why?"

"Because I love him-"

"You don't know what love is!" My words were cut short by my father slamming his fist down on the office desk. The sound roaring like thunder through the office that I'm sure Asher himself heard from outside the gate inside his car.

"You don't know what I know. All you ever do ignore anything I ever want unless it's dealing with the company!" Frustrated, I exhaled a groan before turning on my heels and making my way out of the office. Asher's waiting on me, I don't have time for this.

I make my way out of the office and see my mother coming out of the master bedroom rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. "Liam, what are you doing up?" She yawned and I ignored her, continuing to make my way downstairs.

"Liam, don't you walk away from me. Have you lost your mind?" I could hear the loud words of my father as I rushed down the stairs not even bothering to look back. I didn't have a reason to.

I kept walking, only a few steps away from the front door.

"Liam!" The call of my name was the last thing I heard before I felt myself being yanked back by my backpack. Even though I kinda had a feeling it was coming, my arms were too slow to cushion my fall and I fell to the ground.

"Pierre!" I heard my mother shout from her position on the stairs, both hands over her mouth.

I pushed myself off the ground though, not letting a second pass by. "Hush Penelope, the boy thinks he's some sort of man now because of that boy. I knew we shouldn't have given him back that phone. He's too far gone." My father ranted over me as I got to my feet.

"He's in love so he says." He mocked childishly and if I had it in me I would've slapped him right then and there.

"That's not real love, Liam." My mother added, coming closer to the scene.

I kissed my teeth at her, adjusting my backpack and fixing my stance. "Who the fuck are you to judge?" I snapped.

She gasped aloud, fixing her purple robe. "Don't swear at me!"

"Seriously, Mom, who are you to judge my relationship with Asher? You've spent your entire marriage being a lap down for daddy!"

My father gritted his teeth, the blue flames in his eyes growing larger and larger by the minute. "Watch your mouth boy!"