34

Chapter Thirty-Four | The End

After dropping Toby off at home, Liam and I finally began our trip to this cabin he's been talking about. Not gonna lie, if this was anyone else asking me to drive them to a damn cabin in the woods almost three hours away I probably would've slapped them with no questions asked, but it's Liam and I can't slap him. He bruises too easily. Plus, I haven't seen him in a long time. I felt like I was going insane not being able to hear his voice. I missed him and everything about him. From his curly hair that always smelled of vanilla to his heart-shaped lips that always tasted of cherry lip balm, to his defined chest that reddens so easily with my touch.

He's everything to me.

The ride with Liam was pleasant, to say the least. For the first hour, he talked to me about what's been going on these past couple of weeks since we haven't seen each other. He told me he and Corbin had a conversation like normal human beings for once and even shared a drink in his dad's office which I thought was a little weird, but he looked so excited to tell me the story I shrugged it off. He told me his father took away the necklace I got him and he apologized. I told him not to worry about it. I'll buy him another one when we get back. I'll buy him a hundred necklaces if that's what he wants. He deserves them, he deserves the world.

He slept for a little bit. He sleeps like a baby, legs to his chest, head against the window as his soft snores filled the car. It was nice to watch him sleep, but it didn't last long because I accidentally ran over a bump in the road and he popped up in the passenger seat startled. It was funny not gonna lie, but Liam didn't seem to think it was all that funny hitting me in my shoulder for laughing.

"I think we're almost here." I nudged him, nodding towards the window. We gazed at the expanse of clear, blue waters spread as far as I could see, only ending where the impressive stretch of mountain ranges encircling the area began. Beautiful would be an inadequate description. More like otherworldly. I was not even aware such a heavenly place existed in the country.

And of course, Liam's family owned it.

After another fifteen minutes passed, I was finally pulling up to the driveway of the cabin. A gentle breeze caressed me as I got out of the car, and I looked up at Liam's grandfather's enormous Cabin. I should have expected nothing less grand when Liam told me of the property. Liam always had lavish tastes and loved making a statement when it involved money. I guess grandpa wasn't too different. Still, it caught me by surprise – there were no other words for the two-story infrastructure grander than any Cabin should be. The picture surely didn't do it justice.

I shook my head and smiled to myself.

"Wow, it's so pretty up here," Liam said, his eyes roaming around the green area. His eyes lingered on the view of the ocean in front of us, the morning sun barely peeking out from the horizon. Turning around, he reached into his pocket and pulled out the key that he believed to be access to the cabin.