08

Chapter Eight | Stratford Academy

In my eighteen years of living I don't think I ever attended a school where uniform wasn't required. Even when I studying abroad at St Paul's we had to wear uniform throughout the day and only allowed in casual wear only after a certain time and during the weekends. Now back at Stratford I'm back wearing the schools signature look. The uniform consisted of nothing more than a navy blue blazer, with a white, blue or navy button up and khaki pants or shorts.

"I can't believe we're back wearing this. Summer flew by way too quick." Braxton exhaled a sigh, before nudged me with his elbow as we both stood in the bathroom looking at ourselves in the mirror.

There's more than four bathrooms in this house and yet Braxton still insists on coming to my bathroom to get ready. I've grown used to it though, I mean this is the same boy that used to crawl into my bed in the middle of the night because he had a bad dream when we were younger.

I shrugged my shoulders, straightening out my tie. "I don't really mind the uniform. I just wish these pants weren't so damn tight around my waist."

Braxton let out a laugh as he picked through his darkened curls. "You're worried about your pants when you should be worried about that hickey on your neck." He pointed.

"Still!?" Leaning forward I pulled down my shirt and gawked at the reddish marking in the crease of my neck.

Jesus Christ Liam.

"Better not let pops see that. You know he loves asking questions." Braxton laughed, before grabbing his backpack and making his way out of my bathroom.

I rolled my eyes at him, before quickly grabbing a towel and running warm water over it and placed it over the marking. Google told me the damn thing would be gone by now. Why do people get on the internet and lie? What are you gaining? Usually I wouldn't mind letting the love marks be showcased to the world like some kind of trophy of victory, but because these were marks left by Liam Claremont I'd rather die than let anyone see them. It's already bad enough that his sweet scent stills lingers on me no matter how many scorching hot showers I take.

After letting the towel sit on my neck for a while I removed it to see the reddish mark still sitting on the side of my neck. Annoyed, I just quickly buttoned my collar shirt all the way, and threw the schools blazer over it. I rushed to my closet and pulled out my old Burberry scarf. I haven't worn this thing in ages, but as of now I don't think I really have much of a choice.

The brown and red Burberry print clashed with the soft blues and white of my uniform, but I wasn't in the mood to care. I looked down at the watch that grazed my wrist to check to the time and seen I had only a few minutes to spare before I had to hit the road. I hurriedly grabbed my things and rushed down stairs.

Making my way down I spotted my dad in the foyer wearing his common grey suit and blue plaid tie. His rough hands wrapped around the black suit case he held, and a playful grin across his lips. I could make out Marrisa in the backyard on the patio doing her morning yoga.