On the Seventh Day of Christmas

I frowned, looking at my phone. I was running out of ideas and it had barely been a week, I still had five more days after today. I picked it up, about to dial Tommy's number before changing my mind and calling Peter. 

"What's up, my replacement's replacement?" he teased. "Ha ha. Cant blame me for getting hired. Anyway, I need your help." "I already told you, I can't teach you how to drum, you're hopeless." "Peter! Don't make me call your boyfriend!" I snapped. He just laughed. "Hey we both know Ace can't keep a secret to save his life, there's no way you're calling him. Run out of date ideas then?"

"I...well, yeah. Who told you?" "Gene did! We were talking about how since you and Tommy were the only single ones left it was most logical for you two to date. And then he opened his big fat mouth and told me you wanted exactly that." "Dammit of course he did. But yeah. I'm out of ideas and I know you and Ace are together so I guess what date suggestions do you have?" "Look, you love Tommy and you want to get close to him. We all saw you two on the couch at the party! So invite him over and watch a movie with him. That way you've got an excuse to sit next to him and if last time is anything to go off of he'll put an arm around your shoulders and hold you against his side." 

A smile spread across my face and I nodded, heart melting. "That's true! Thanks Pete you're a lifesaver, surprisingly!" "I know I am. Anyway, bye third string! Good luck!" he said, hanging up before I could say anything else. Shaking my head, I dialed Tommy's number, waiting with baited breath. "Hey shrimp!" "Hey! Um hey listen did you maybe like want to come over and watch a Christmas movie tonight?" I asked, all of a sudden terrified he'd say no. 

"Sure! Ooh can I pick the movie?" "Oh yeah of course! Just bring over your favorite Christmas movie and I can take care of like popcorn and stuff. You want anything specific to drink?" "Hm kind of random but do you have apple cider? If not though don't worry about it!" he said. "Damn no I don't have any, but I can pick some up from the store!" "Oh no no don't worry about it! Seriously don't worry about it it's fine! Anyway how about I come over at 9?" "Works perfect, I'll see you then!" I said, hanging up and grabbing my keys, heading to the store to get cider even though he specifically told me not to. 

Nine o'clock took forever to roll around but Tommy rang the doorbell right at 9. I pulled it open instantly, giving him a wide smile. "Hey! So what movie did you bring?" Grinning, he showed me the DVD in his hand. "That's not a Christmas movie." "It is absolutely a Christmas movie and I'll prove it when we watch it," he said, slipping an arm around my shoulders and leading me inside. We sat to each other on the couch and I handed him a mug of cider and some popcorn. "Oh no Eric I said—" "I know what you said and I chose not to listen. Now come on, get your movie set up and we can watch it and you can somehow prove that Die Hard is a Christmas movie," I said, rolling my eyes. "It absolutely is and I will prove it, just you wait." "Oh I'll be waiting," I said under my breath. 

Deep down though, I didn't really care at all what movie he brought over, and I was almost excited to see how he tried to prove Die Hard was a Christmas movie. "Damn, your house is cold," he said. "Oh shit I'm sorry, I can get you a blanket if you want!" I said, but he shook his head, slipping an arm around my shoulders and pulling me against him. "Nah it's okay! You're warm enough," he said. I froze, not wanting to lean too much against him, but he laughed, pulling me closer. "Well you'd be warm enough if you'd actually lean against me! Come on, get closer! Otherwise it's pointless!" 

Hoping desperately my face wasn't as bright red as it felt, I leaned against his side, snuggling as much against him as I felt like I could get away with, and he smiled, pressing play. "Now you're gonna see the greatest Christmas movie in existence," he said. "I'll believe it when I see it," I retorted, and he just grinned, playing with my hair absentmindedly. "Oh you'll see. Trust me, you'll see."

"Just because it's set at Christmas doesn't mean it's a Christmas movie!" I cried as soon as the credits rolled. "Were you even paying attention?!" "Yes! And that's how I know it's not a Christmas movie!" "Okay okay let me ask you this. Is Home Alone a Christmas movie?" he asked. "Well duh of course it is." "Okay, and what is Die Hard if not Home Alone for adults?" he asked smugly. I opened my mouth to tell him that was ridiculous before pausing, mouth pressing into a thin line. "I hate you," I muttered. "See?? See what I'm saying though?? It's a Christmas movie!" he said gleefully. "I hate you so much." "Come on, I wanna hear you say it!" he wheedled, nudging me in the ribs.  "Say what?" I grumbled, knowing exactly what he wanted me to say. "Say it's a Christmas movie! Say that you were wrong and I was right and Die Hard is a Christmas movie. No, it's the greatest Christmas movie there is. Say it!" 

"Fine! You were right and I was wrong and Die Hard is a Christmas movie." "Die Hard is..." "Die Hard is the greatest Christmas movie there is. Happy now?" "Very. Except for the fact I gotta head home. I'll catch you later!" he said cheerfully, hopping to his feet. I walked with him to the door, giving him a parting wave as he got in his car, already racking my brain to try and figure out tomorrow's date. 

Seven days down, five to go.

12 Days of Kissmas (Eric Singer x Tommy Thayer)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें