4 - The Morning After

***

***

Nia woke up enveloped in someone's warm embrace — Draco's. His arms were wrapped around her — the cold tips of his fingers lightly brushing against her thighs bare skin which her hitched up skirt left on display.

Nia looked around to try and recognize their surroundings. The two teenagers were still lying on the humid ground next to the lake. They must've fallen asleep while stargazing last night was the only reasonable thought Nia could think of.

The dark messy haired brunette took Draco's hand delicately to not awake her sleepy best friend to see what time it was on his watch. The watch read a quarter to nine — classes started at nine.

"Dammit," swore Nia under her breath.

She tried to turn around to face Draco, but she found it hard because of the position they were in and because of the tight hold he had on her. She peered over her shoulder to at least get a view of Draco's face.

"Draco," she whispered with her soft voice. "Wake up."

The sound of his name rolling off Nia's tongue was music to his ears. He would never get tired of it. He didn't know why he used to insist on her calling him by his last name. He was content now that she never listened to him and continued annoying second year him by saying his first name unlike the others.

Her body was against his — it felt like she was made for him. Her strong sweet scent — he thought there was a mix of rose and vanilla in it — filled up his lungs. He didn't want to wake up and let her go. This was perfect. It was the first time in ages he got some decent sleep, and it was with her in his arms.

Just five more minutes.

"Five more minutes," said Draco with a deep, rough voice.

He pulled her closer to him and hugged her waist tighter, nuzzling his head in her hair. Nia's cheeks took a shade darker, and a smile crept onto her lips.

Awn, he's so adorable in the morni— Wait, what am I thinking?

Since she didn't have time to try it a few other times and the panic of being late on her first day started to settle in, she changed her tone into something more assertive and loud, no longer trying to whisper.

"Draco, wake up! We have fifteen minutes before class!"

He finally opened his eyes and acknowledged how he was holding her and how close they were. They had been this close before, but something changed over the summer. Now, it was just unbearable to be this close to her without doing anything else.

He let go of her hastily and sat up, ignoring the weird feeling in his guts.

"What?" Said Draco with the same voice as last time, but this time more shocked.

He looked at his watch and saw the time. He looked around them and then back at the girl next to him who looked just as beautiful in her morning state as she did last night.