17 - Hurtful Words

***

***

Nia took out a set of her emerald green cotton-silk pjs. The set came with a robe, shorts, pants and a tank top — most of Nia's pjs consisted of shorts. She didn't like wearing full pants to sleep, except if it was really cold. She slipped off her black robe and put on her pjs, choosing the pants since she had guests over. She ran her fingers over the soft material. The hem was decorated with black, floral lace. Her mother had gotten them for her on Christmas last year.

Nia had always leaned towards more classy and elegant clothing. She got that from her mother. Silk and lace are her favorite material of clothing.

The brunette lived in a modest home with her family in East London. Her parents were rather wealthy. They ran their own, family run, chain of hotels around London, some in France and a few abroad. They never showed off their money. However, her parents did spoil their children with their love and materialistic items.

She believed she didn't lack anything growing up. Until she got sorted into Hufflepuff. Now, she lacked affection from her mother...

"Oi, Perez!" she heard someone shout, snapping her out of her thoughts.

She threw the robe into her laundry hamper and exited the closet.

"What?" asked Nia with a soft smile on her lips, closing the door behind her.

"Why the hell do you have your own room?" asked Theodore, examining the fire in the tree. "How is that fair?"

"I suggest you don't touch the very real fire," Nia said in a teasing tone before explaining. "Also, I help around  the school with taking care of the plants and animals. A lot. Sometimes, I help decorate the school with the professors during holiday times. So, Professor McGonagall pulled a few strings and got me a private dorm. Mother helped a little. Apparently, she had some influence before she left the Wizarding World to play family."

"I wasn't going to touch it," scoffed Theodore, pouting. "But you're saying, if I help I can get my own room?"

"Hilarious," Pansy said before Nia could answer. "You and help? Definitely a joke."

"That hurt my feelings, Pans," Theodore said dramatically.

"I don't think so," Nia replied honestly. "I technically "bought" myself a private dorm. Without McGonagall or mother, I wouldn't have this dorm."

"So you're a mommy's girl like Draco's a daddy's boy," joked Theodore.

The brunette simply stared, not knowing how to answer that. She knew he was joking, and that he didn't know anything about their relationship, but still, she didn't like broaching that topic. She bit her lip nervously as Draco cleared his throat.

"Shut it, Nott," scoffed Draco.

Theo threw his arms up, surrendering, and swiftly turned around checking the other interesting stuff in her room. Nia shot Draco a sweet smile, very grateful that her companion interfered.