"Maybe. I still don't like you for not letting me know you were even alive,"

"I know. Leaving you has been the hardest thing I have ever faced,"

"Why did you come back now?"

"Ash encouraged me,"

"So you didn't want to,"

"Flying across the country for a court case to claim custody of my little sister isn't exactly a simply process. Please don't be so harsh, I am trying to save you,"

"Again, you've just assumed I want saving,"

"And like I said, I have also been the one trapped at home. If I can give you even just a few more years of freedom then you bet my ass I am,"

"Okay... well I like books, and writing. Science is my favourite, even if I am crap, and maths. I enjoy watching tv... I enjoy anything where I can experience any emotion of other people since I don't get that in real life,"

"I am the same. Being married is so hard when your instinct is to be alone,"

We ordered our food, both opting for a pizza, then I awkwardly looked around the restaurant for something to do.

"Why neuro?"

"I don't know,"

"Yes you do,"

"It's cool. I've watched a few documentaries, and researched it. You get to change lives,"

"It's quite a social job,"

"Yeah... yeah. I was just gonna settle on a supermarket job,"

"No way, we'll get you there. It will be so much more fun than scanning barcodes,"

"Most things are,"

Our pizzas arrived and I bit my lip, looking at it; I'd not seen such eloquent food in a long time. It looked amazing.

I dove into it, Kaykay doing the same, savouring the taste. It was so amazing. For my birthday we usually got takeaway pizza, but this was way better.

I ate three slices and felt absolutely stuffed, so I had a drink and wiped my mouth, trying to find something to attract my attention. There wasn't much going on.

"Did you eat too fast?" she chuckled, "It's nice huh?"

"Yeah, I am just really full already. Maybe we can get it boxed up and I can have the rest tomorrow,"

"You're full?"

"Yeah,"

"Hm,"

"Can you stop humming?"

"Sorry,"

"I know what you're thinking, but I am genuinely full,"

"Okay, I will get them to box it up,"

She continued to eat, so I went onto my phone.

"Do you often get full quickly?"

"Yeah, I don't have a big appetite I guess,"

"Are you sure you feel okay?"

"Yes. I am fine. Stop trying to doctor me,"

"Can't help it," she grinned, "Room for dessert?"

"No... sorry,"

She nodded and finished her pizza, asking for the bill. Once she had paid, we finished our drinks and left the restaurant, her hand finding mine to hold. As much as I wanted to rip my hand away, I knew she had good intentions, and held it.

"I don't know about you, but I am ready for bed,"

"I am always ready for bed,"

"Okay, same," she giggled, "We have a flight tomorrow afternoon, we should get in around the evening, so tonight will be the only night in a hotel room,"

"What is Ashton like?"

"He's the best, we could call him when we get in the hotel,"

"Okay,"

"You'll love him,"

I nodded and got back in the car, folding the sweatshirt in a position that hid my stomach. Not because I was insecure of my body, but because it was always bloated of swollen. I knew something was wrong, but I was too scared to tell anyone. Plus, mum and dad wouldn't notice.

Kaykay however... she seemed more observant.

We arrived back at the hotel and went up to our room, changing into pyjamas. She looked at me, so I turned my back on her and huffed, locking myself in the bathroom with my toiletries. I brushed my teeth and washed my face, then slid under my duvet as fast as I could.

She climbed into my bed and began to facetime Ashton, resting her head on my shoulder. I shrugged her off, but did feel bad after.

"Hello!" a man said, giving us both wide smiles, "I've not heard from you all day,"

"Sorry, we've been having a sister day,"

His hair was light brown and slightly grown out, but still professional which he probably needed. His beard was trimmed, and he wore a white hoodie.

He had kind eyes, and a soft smile- though I was mad at Kaykay, I was glad she managed to get this life.

"It's nice to see you. This must be confusing, and scary, but I am so excited to meet you,"

"I'm glad someone sees that," I mumbled, looking down, "Beyond confusing,"

"Has Kaykay explained everything?"

"She's been a bitch,"

"You've been a bitch!"

"You didn't wake up this morning to find out you were being taken across the country to live with a sister you haven't seen for 13 years, and her husband who you didn't even knew existed, in a home bought with the job you didn't even know they had,"

"Isabelle, you're going through a lot of confusing emotions right now, I think you should talk to Kay about them,"

"Don't tell me what to do, you're not my dad,"

"No, I'm your brother in law, I know that. I didn't mean to cross a line,"

"Whatever,"

His smile faded and he rested his chin on his hand, nodding.

"Do you want to see your room?"

"No thanks. I don't like pink,"

"Izz," Kay said, looking at me, "Please,"

"No! I just wanna sleep. Please just let me sleep. You left so long ago, and all of a sudden you've come back and exploded my life. Just let me sleep,"