Chapter 20: Looking through Glass

Tim and I glanced at each other and nodded. It was go time.

Crane glared at us, "Don't do anything irrational." He warned.

I tossed smoke bombs at them before his sentence could end. Tim ran ahead, pulling out his bo staff and knocking him to the floor.

"Sorry," Tim commented, "Teenagers tend to be irrational."

Lex came behind Tim to punch him, but I was there to defend instantly. I gave him an uppercut and kicked at his knees. Black Adam came to attack me, but Conner and Kara were upon him with a vengeance. Bart began to busy himself running around the room to free the League. Miss Martian awoke and helped Kara and Conner with Black Adam.

"Mercy!" Lex called out.

A woman dressed in a chaffeurs uniform showed up. She pulled out a gun and was on me in seconds. I did a back flip, feeling a bullet whistle past my head, and the second bullet passed between my legs as they were in the air.

By the time I landed I already had a batarang in my hand, I threw it towards her shooting hand. She shrieked and dropped the gun. Then turned to glare at me. For a spit second all was still, Tim behind me in the middle of stopping Crane from getting his mask on, Conner flying back into a wall with one of Black Adam's lightning bolts electrocuting him, while Kara was punching him powerfully in his stomach so hard that in another second he was going to be out of air, Megan shape shifted into a giant snake to defend Bart as he was in the middle of undoing Flash's cuffs.

Then everything moved again, Mercy dove for the gun as I dove for her. She had her hands around the gun hilt just as I body slammed her. The force I hit her with sent us toppling over the staircase. My head whirled as I felt myself hit the hard steeled steps. One instance I would feel her on me, weighing me down as my back spiked into an unatural arch. Then I rolled over her, and rammed my elbow into her sternum. We flipped again and she was on me, her knee collided with the bottom of my chin. I'm not sure if it was intentional or just dumb luck.

She was gone suddenly, she must've gotten a good hold of the railing and was able to stop herself, not without spraining her wrist though. I relaxed myself as much as possible and somersaulted down the steps. I landed on my stomach at the bottom of the stairs. The hard marble floor felt icy under me. My world was spinning and I looked up the stair case to see two Mercy's spinning around each other. They both had one hand holding onto the railing, and with the other a gun was pointing at me.

I rolled to the side. Three shots echoed in my head and made the pretty floor splinter. I stood and leaned against the wall breathing deeply and focusing on the lamps in front of me. They were shaking and slowly coming together.

Mercy came around the corner with her gun pointed straight in front of her. I sent a high kick to her arm, and it flew bouncing off the wall and sliding under a table. She gave me a left hook, and a right hook over and over. Then she pulled back her hand to give me one final punch, but I brought my arm up and blocked it, then my left hand puched into her stomach. Probably bruising her intestines.

She coughed in my face, and swung me into the wall. I blocked another hit, behind her I saw Kara plummeting down the stairs with Black Adam in close pursuit. I grunted and popped her knees, then I grabbed her shoulders and tossed us both out of the way just as Kara crashed into the wall landing in a conference room of some sort.

I headbutted Mercy and left her on the floor. I turned around, Black Adam was walking in through the hole Kara had made, lightning coming from his hand to shoot her with. I pulled a flashbang from my belt and threw it at him. He cried out shaking his head as he was temporarily blinded. I jumped, linking my arms around his neck in an attempt to choke him. His hands came around my arms and clawed at me, I clenched my teeth and didn't budge.