07

07.

March 21, 2015

8:00 PM

Olivia Coleman

It was hard because I couldn't take Matthew's arm and grasp onto it as if it were for my life – and in this case, it kind of was for my life. Walking down the murky streets of Virginia at dark (8:00 pm, to be exact), knowing that there could be killers anywhere kind of made me want to grab his arm like a child and hold it for the entire journey. 

But he said that he wasn't going to babysit me, and I know for sure that he wasn't going to allow me to hold onto him like that for the entire time. It was my decision to tag along with him, anyways. I can take care of myself – I think. 

My eyes scanned around the area and I gulped, seeing that no one was in sight. I know that I should be gulping when there were people in sight – but right now, I wished that there were because at least I know that no one is hiding behind the bushes, or in an alley, waiting to attack us. When there are people here, I at least know that they can be the target. 

"I'm hungry." I remarked in a whisper, jogging up so I was right beside Matthew this time. I was behind him before. 

Matthew just rolled his eyes (I could see him do it, even in the dark) and didn't stop walking nor looking at me. "You have to suck it up, princess. We can't just stop right here. It's too dangerous." 

"Well, no crap it's dangerous," I retorted and I rolled my eyes this time, irked with Matthew – probably more irked with him than I was for him. However, that kind of seemed impossible, seeing all the times Matthew stared at me with 'the look'. 

The look is basically a look Matthew gives me whenever I have annoyed him, or gotten him pissed off. His jaw clenches and he stares straight into my eyes with a grim expression his face – but it was more like a dull one. 

"But saying that doesn't solve my hunger." I continued and huffed, crossing my arms tightly above my growling stomach. I at least need a bag of chips – that would help me last about two hours; and maybe some water, because I'm thirsty from all the walking. 

"Just go behind me and get a snack from the backpack, Jesus." he muttered and I obliged, shifting behind him and zipping open my backpack as we both continued to walk. 

Cautiously, because of the gun in here, I searched the backpack and pulled out a bag of chips. Grinning in victory, I pulled it out and zipped closed the backpack. I then ripped open the bag and started eating while walking beside Matthew again. 

Just when I thought things were fine now, because I had gotten my food, of course a rustle in the bushes just had to occur, making Matthew and I stop dead in our tracks.

---

i kinda just gave up on trying to rewrite this book. i already finished it so im just going to post all the chapters.