14

14. 

March 21, 2015

10:00 PM

Olivia Coleman

Everything became scarier in my perspective. The sky darkened even more (almost pitch black, despite the strongly shining moon), the street lamps we passed by flickered and the orange/yellow-ish luminosity of the light bulb gave the empty streets (despite the cars left abandoned) an even more murky effect. 

It was about 10:00 pm but I still have no idea where Matthew was leading us. I don't even know how he knows exactly where to go – and that question always lingers my mind: how does Matthew know exactly where to go, anyways? I would ask him about it, but I know he'd just snap at me and rudely tell me to shut up. 

"Matthew, how much longer until we get there?" I asked Matthew, hoping that he wouldn't tell me to shut up – like how he would have if I asked him how he knew where we were going. 

"Why, are you tired again?" 

"No...I'm just asking." I muttered, noticing that his tone had irritation in it – like it always did. 

"Well, we get there when we get there." he grouched in response and, of course, he rolled his eyes at me. I don't even know what the hell his problem is with me! I didn't even do anything wrong, besides not listening to him at times – but that's nothing major enough to make him hate me. 

Every single time I'm with Matthew (which is inevitable now, since I have to be with him), there's always tension – whether it's silent or when one of us is speaking. I know Matthew hates me, which creates the tension. Matthew knows that I know he hates me, which just adds to it even more.

"You don't have to say it like that, you know." I got the confidence to retort to him.

He raised his voice. "Say it like what? All I said was 'we get there when we-" Matthew shut up and the both of us instantly forgot about our argument when a terror-struck scream of a girl was heard from the alley we were about to pass. 

Please, not another problem for us, I thought and gulped. 

---