28

28.

March 22, 2015

7:00 AM

Olivia Coleman

It was two against three – even though Ansel didn't even have a gun up, it was no doubt that he had one tucked into his waistband. And not only did he have two men pointing the gun at Matthew and I, but he had Lauren and Cameron tied up; if we were to make the first move, they still had two other people to use as blackmail. I had no strategy. I hope Matthew does.

"She's not going to do anything," Ansel said to the guy. "I bet she doesn't even know how to use that gun."

"That's what you think, Ansel. My Olivia can do anything." Matthew spoke up. I was emotionless when he said that – I didn't smile at him nor even look towards him. He called me his, but that's not true – not anymore.

"Like it would matter anyways, Espinosa...unlike you, she's not a killer." Ansel smirked and enjoyed seeing Matthew's jaw clench. Matthew was pissed off, and I could see it all in his eyes: he wanted to shoot Ansel right there, right now. But Matthew was smart; he knew that if he had shot Ansel, the two others would have done something either to me, Matthew, Lauren, or Cameron.

All of a sudden, I felt something vibrating in my pocket: it was my phone. It was vibrating in a beat, and my heart leaped with joy when I figured out why my phone was vibrating. The alarm I set thirteen hours ago went off, and the Purge was finally over.

"Like it would matter anyways, Ansel..." I say and drop my arms down, pulling out my phone from my pocket, showing it to him. "If you try anything with any of us, you'll be arrested. The Purge is over."

Ansel's facial expression change from smug to infuriated real quickly as I put my phone away. He shook his head. "I won't be if no one knows." he growled and briskly pulled the gun from his waistband, pointing it to Lauren, ready to shoot. Lauren's eyes went wide and she shook her head, as if it would change his mind. Cameron's eyes went wide, as well, and he looked like he was about to cry – even more than he did before.

Before Ansel had the chance to pull the trigger of his gun, I pulled the trigger on mine, aiming at Ansel's leg. He instantly dropped the gun and grasped onto his leg, yelping in pain as blood gushed out.

That's when it all began.

The two other men attempted to help, but Matthew and I were quick and we both threateningly cocked our guns, pointing at each of the two men. They stopped in their spots and looked at Matthew in pure hatred – because they knew we won. "Don't even try." Matthew scoffed. "Olivia, untie Lauren and Cameron."

Without saying anything back, I just cautiously walked towards Lauren and Cameron. I went to Lauren first, and made sure to kick Ansel's gun (that was on the ground) away from his reach. I set my arms down and placed my gun down, as well, as I untied Lauren. Matthew made sure none of the two guys dared to shoot at me.

After Lauren, I untied Cameron, and when he was free, he immediately went over to Lauren and helped her. I picked my gun up again and looked at Matthew for a direction. He nodded towards the exit, and I got what he meant: we were going to get out of here.

It was weird; I expected something grand to happen – as if I wanted it to.

Matthew allowed Lauren and Came to lead the way, and then it was me, and then it was Matthew – who was still pointing his gun to the two men, just in case they were going to try something.

Suddenly, just when I thought everything was going to be good: I heard a bang, and my right hand let go of the gun, and my left hand clasped over the gun shot on my right forearm.

---