08

08.

March 21, 2015

8:02 PM

Olivia Coleman

More rustling from the bushes sounded, putting even more fear in my body than already was before. Matthew and I's heads turned to where the bushes beside us were, backing up cautiously. By now I'm really close to Matthew, just in case a murderer was hiding. 

"What did I tell you about babysitting? I'm not going to babysit you!" Matthew whispered to me harshly, pushing me forward slightly so that I was closer to the bush. Quickly, I regained my spot behind him, glaring at him. 

"Well, I'm not the one with the gun!" I pointed out and held onto my backpack, so I was holding onto Matthew, but he can't demand me to let go because it was my backpack. I planned it out, as you can observe.

The rustling continued and I whimpered in terror. One final rustle and that's when it emerged from the bush. My eyes widened at the sight but I giggled and loosened up when a raccoon ran out of the bush, looking quite lost. Raccoons are revolting, but anything better than a murderous human being. 

"Oh, thank god." I sighed in relief and let go of my backpack. Matthew huffed and loosened up, as well. He walked over to the raccoon and I watched him do so. He shooed it away and it did so – scurry away, to the yard of the house close by. 

"That was very terrify-" I said and began to walk to Matthew, who was still looking to where the raccoon was running off. I stopped talking, though – and no, not because I wanted to. 

Because something was put over my mouth, preventing me to. 

---