Chapter Eight

Kirishima's POV:

Mr. Aizawa wants to talk to me? Why? Did my mother call him again? Fear came through me and I felt a hand on my wrist. I looked over at Bakugo.

"It's okay." He gave me a gentle smile. "I'll be in my dorm, okay? Come over when you're done talking."

I nodded. Bakugo walked past Mr. Aizawa and walked inside. I kinda wished he could have stayed, but I needed to deal with this on my own. I walked up the steps and stopped in front of him. 

"Yes, sir?"

He took a deep breath. "I was going to announce this on Monday, but after learning about your situation. I thought it would be best to tell you ahead of time."

I looked at him confused. "What is?"

"Class 1A has been invited into a school competition. You and you're classmates will be going against the other students. It's a ... fun way for you to put the knowledge you've learned this year to the test." He explained. "But, since the school is another city ..."

I looked down. "I'll need parent permission in order to go."

Mr. Aizawa nodded. 

I crossed my arms, not in an annoying way but more of a defense way. I was glad that he came and told me beforehand so I can figure out a plan of action.

"The goal is to leave on Friday and spend the weekend there." He explained placing a hand on my shoulder. "I wanted to tell you ahead of time so you are prepared."

I looked up and smiled. "Thanks, Aizawa."

He nodded and then walked away. 

I took a deep breath. Crap. How am I going to go? There is no way I'm going to miss out on this competition! For the past few days, I haven't been myself. I need to get out of my funk and back to my normal self. I smiled and stood up straight. I can figure out a plan before then.

I turned and walked into the dorm lobby. Of course, I was faced with Kaminari, Sero, and Mina. Mina quickly ran over to me and wrapped her arms around me. 

"Hey, Kiri!" She let go. Her smile was too big for her face.

"Hey, Mina," I said awkwardly. "Why are you so happy?"

Kaminari rolled his eyes. "Todoroki and Deku are cooking together. This is getting annoying, Mina."

She smacked his elbow. I chuckled.

"I don't know if Mina will survive if they become a couple if she acts like this when they just hang out," Sero whispered in my ear. 

I nodded with a smile.

"Do you know where Bakugo is?" Kaminari asked. "I wanted to see if he wanted to play video games."

I looked at him a little confused. "What happens to you begging me to drag him over?"

"You should have seen him yesterday," Mina said crossing her arms. "We all actually talked all lunch. He didn't shout at us once."

Sero wrapped his arm around my shoulders. "I think Kirishima here is rubbing off on him."

I chuckled awkwardly. You guys have no idea. Mina giggled to herself as if she read my mind.

Kaminari just rolled his eyes again. "So, do you know where he is?"

"He told me that he was heading to his dorm," I explained. "I'll come with you. He something I need to get."

"Let's go, bro."