☀️Rules & How it works☀️

Hello there my fellow writers and friends, I see you've come to the rules section to learn more about the exciting and thrilling contest, and I must say I'm glad to see you here! It truly makes my heart happy.

Now, if the introduction didn't give you enough clear information, then don't worry. This section will tell you all about how the contest works and give out the rules to make things fair. So let's start firstly with the system, shall we?

How does the contest work?

-Well, as I said earlier in the introduction, I want to try a new idea that will be used for the first time in literary history! (well, I'm not sure if it's going to be the first new trope ever, but I feel like it's new so). The contest is all about interacting with other people's characters in the same reality/world.

So yes, this consists of writing prompts to show your creation and your fantastical character. Yet again, in this book, you're going to meet other people's creations within the same realm. 

How is this going to work, you ask? Do not worry! It's easy! That is only if you agree to the term of collaboration with other writers and agree on how the characters are going to interact with each other. Somewhat like a role-play.

But I then hear you say, "But what if one of us was busy and couldn't work with one another? Or what if we couldn't have the time to work together?" Don't worry about that. The collaboration doesn't start right away.

Now let's get into each step to know the details:

> First, once you sign up and get accepted, you will be put on the list of participants along with your character. As for the story ambiance, your characters will be announced in the arena (pretend that you are your character's mentor or coach watching them with the audience). To present your characters, you must write a short and brief paragraph that describes your character's name, personality, strength, and weakness for the host to introduce.

> Second, to give you some time to get used to writing your character in the story, you will be given a short prompt that tells you to write your characters as they discover about the invitation; yes, in the story, there will be invitations sent to every realm to read. You can make this part your prologue and it doesn't need to be long.

> Third, once your characters are introduced and are now in the arena's realm, you can start writing about your character's thoughts and actions as they wait for the first round. Maybe they're going on a walk in town, wander around, or maybe (if you want to) meet other writers' characters in the same location. I know I said the collaboration wouldn't start right away, but this is optional, and you can ask an author of your choosing, if they have the time to let their character meet up with your character, then that's great! Remember, this is completely optional!

> Finally, once you're used to the world, you will finally be given a prompt for the first round. Each prompt counts as one round, and each prompt will describe each area/realm and what kind of dangers it contains, as well as describe the tasks required to do and followed by a warning. If I have the time, I could make a map for each realm/area your characters will go through.

And that's it! What happens after each round, you ask? Ah yes! How can I forget? It's easy and obvious. When your character manages to complete the required task and comes back to the arena alive, they will have 5 points each. If your character wins two rounds, for example, they will have a total point of 10. See? It's easy!

The rules you must follow

-Okay, now that you learned how the contest works, now is the time for you to follow the rules to make things fair between us as writers and between the characters (yes, your characters have their rules in the arena too).

But for this section, these rules are for authors only, so the characters will get their rules later when the first round prompt is given.

So let's know these simple yet important rules:

> This is not for attention or payment, but please, you must follow my account @Owls1221 to get any news and updates from me about this book. Also, you can follow my Insta account @jasmin_owls for the same reason if you're mostly active on Instagram. (for those who already followed me, that's fine you don't need to do it again.)

> Put this book in your private library and your public reading list, again to receive news and updates and also to let other people know about this contest

> You must write your book in English. I'm truly sorry but because I don't understand other languages except for English and Arabic.

> To start writing your character's journey, it's best to write your prompts in its separate book, and it must be titled "Your character's name Trial". My example "Fearian's Trial".

> The writing must be in the third person POV

> This contest is made for fantasy authors; I'm sorry if that's not your cup of tea or don't know how to write fantasy. If you still want to participate, you're welcome to try fantasy! And I 'might' try to make the same contest but for other genres (if I have the time, of course).

> This contest was made to judge the character's actions and ability, and judge the author's writing from spelling, grammar, and punctuation to style and engagement.

> Because I'm new to hosting a contest and being the only one to plan and manage, I'll be only accepting 6 entries, so if you're accepted, please be patient and bear with me because I might not always be active on Wattpad 24/7.

>If you ever decided to change your username, PLEASE let me know! Because if you didn't then I won't be able to find you! The same goes for your book title! If you did as the rules said that way it will be easier for me to keep track of things!

>Once you follow me I will kindly ask you to not unfollow me, again not because I want followers or attention, because how else are you going to know what happens in this contest? But I will give you the freedom to unfollow me, only AFTER the contest ends!

> Finally, please be kind and polite to one another as this book was made to have fun with each other and to try a new concept and see if it's going to work. So, of course, bullying, bribery, cheating, harassment, rude, and mean behaviour are NOT tolerated. If anyone is violating this crucial rule, please let me know, and I will disqualify that person from the contest.

So now that you know how the contest works and learned the rules, it's time for you to head for the form and fill it out! But oh, you can't just fill it without proof that you've read the rules!

To make sure you've understood the rules, there will be a password that the form will ask you to give, so here it is:

What caused King Thorin to refuse Bard's request for his treasure?

Write only one or two words answer, and you might be accepted :) (I know you're out there fans of the hobbit XD)

Now let's end it here! If you have any more questions, then please don't hesitate to ask here only

>Ask Questions here<

So I'll see you next time, warriors!

Yours, Miss Owls