Spin the Bottle

Your POV:
As soon as I walked into the Gryffindor common room I got a strange case of Deja Vu. There were so many people in there and I started to get a little claustrophobic. That's when I saw George in the crowd and it all came back to me. It was like I was back at the World Cup, seeing him for the first time. I made my way over to him and hugged him. I said hi to Fred, Ginny, and Harry and joined their conversation.
"Hey Slytherin, what are you doing at a victory party?" I heard someone call out from behind me.
"Ah Oliver." I turned to face him, "Good game."
"Thanks." He smiled at me, "I see you wore the jumper."
"Yes thank you, I'll bring it back to you in the morning if that's okay?" I asked him.
"That's perfect." He took a seat on the couch.

Then one of Oliver's friends came over and suggested a game.
"Spin the bottle, anyone?" He called out.
A couple people joined, and Oliver asked if I would.
"Only if we all do." I smiled at the Twins and Ginny, Hermione, Ron, and Harry.
It didn't actually take a lot of convincing. Soon we were all sitting in a circle in front of the fireplace with an empty bottle in the middle.

I wanted to sit next to George, but he didn't come over by me when I waved him over. That was weird. So I sat next to Oliver, across from George.

George's POV:
We were going to play spin the bottle, this was my chance with Y/n. Sure it was a game, but maybe if I kissed her I'd be able to tell if she liked me back or not. I didn't want to sit right next to her, because that gave me less of a chance of it landing on me when she spun it. So I sat across from her, a safe spot. She sat next to Oliver. At least it wasn't likely it would land on him. Right? I didn't quite know the physics of a bottle spin, but my logic seemed to make sense to me.

Your POV:
Why did George not want to sit next to me? Was I overthinking this? Or did he just really not want to be near me? That's kinda mean. I was a little upset actually. And I knew it was just a game but I kind of did want to kiss him. I certainly didn't want to watch him kiss anyone else. If Cedric was here right now he would be laughing his head off at me. Worrying like this over nothing. But now I couldn't stop worrying about it. If I saw George spin the bottle and it landed on someone else I thought I might cry. So I volunteered to spin first. I tried to put just enough of a spin to it so it landed on George, but the bottle spun right back my way and landed on Oliver Wood.

George's POV:
Oh no. I was gonna throw up. The first spin and I was going to have to watch Y/n and Oliver kiss. I wished Oliver would wipe that smug smile off his face. I couldn't stand it. They kissed, and geez it seemed like it went on for hours. I wanted to leave. But that would be too obvious that it had upset me, so I looked away and stayed where I was.

When it was my turn to spin the bottle, I really tried to make it land on Y/n. I looked up at her and she was watching it spin. Then it stopped. Pointing right at her. I think I might have stopped breathing. I smiled at her and made my way over to where she was sitting. But for some reason, I couldn't help but think about how she had just kissed Oliver Wood. Nothing about this kiss would be special if I went through with it. I couldn't do it.
"I'm sorry." I whispered, "I can't."
I ran out the door.

Your POV:
I followed George out into the hall. He kind of hurt my feelings. I needed to know why he ran off.
"George!" I yelled.  I turned a corner and there he was. Sitting on the ground.
"What was that about?" I asked him, "What, you don't want to kiss me? Is there something wrong with me?"
"No there's nothing wrong with you of course I wanted to kiss you I just.. couldn't." He looked down at the ground.
But I needed answers.
"So why? Why'd you run out then? It's a game! Why can't you just kiss me?" I nearly yelled.
"Because it's just a game!" He looked at me, "Because it's a game and I can't kiss you like that! Like it's just a game. Like it doesn't matter. Because it does. It does matter to me. You matter to me. And kissing you like that, for a game, wouldn't have been right."
I sat down on the ground next to him.
"You think it wouldn't have mattered to me?" I asked him.
"You kissed Oliver." Is all he said.
"Okay, that didn't matter to me. I thought maybe it would. But then it happened. And it just didn't feel right." I told him.
It was silent for a moment.
"Because it wasn't you." I added, "Because you matter to me the most. And you have mattered to me more than anyone else since the moment I met you. And I can't get you off my mind and it's driving me crazy. Because you're my best friend and I'm falling harder and harder for you every single day." I stopped myself from saying any more.
And then he kissed me.

George's POV:
It was all I ever wanted to hear. Y/n liked me. She really did. For so long I tried to deny the way I felt because I was scared, and now here she was, telling me everything I wanted to hear. So I kissed her. And it was everything I ever hoped it would be.

Your POV:
It didn't last long, and when it was over I looked into his eyes and smiled.
"I really do like you, you kn-" I grabbed the back of his neck and kissed him again, cutting him off. That kiss was even better than the first one.
"It's too late now for you to go back to your dorms without getting caught by Snape." He told me, "Why don't you crash here for the night?"
I nodded and we walked back to the common room together. The party had definitely ended as the common room was completely empty and silent. Everyone must have gone to sleep. He led me to the couch and brought me some blankets.
"Thank you." I smiled at him as I grabbed the blankets.
He plopped down next to me and fixed his gaze on the fire.
"Is it gonna be warm enough for you, do you think?" He asked me.
"Yeah I'm sure I'll be fine." I chuckled.
I wrapped the blankets around myself and laid my head on his shoulder to watch the fire with him. I didn't even notice I had dozed off.

George's POV:
Y/n fell asleep on my shoulder. It was so sweet. I didn't want to disturb her, so I slowly laid down with her and fell asleep with her head on my chest.