the Yule Ball pt. 2

Your POV:
Ginny's mom ended up sending her a dress to wear to the ball, and since I didn't want her to feel left out, I didn't buy one either. Instead, I went back to Hogsmaede on my own and picked up some fabrics, then made my dress myself with my sewing machine in my dorm.

I wasn't an expert at dress making, but I was creative enough to figure it out. The dress I ended up putting together was a deep blue strapless gown with a baby blue mesh sleeves and mock neck top. I decided on gold jewelery which included a dainty gold necklace, a matching bracelet, and many rings. I wore golden heals that I was only 50% confident I could walk in, let alone dance in. But I didn't care. I looked incredible.

Ginny and I told Neville and George to go on without us and that we would meet them at the ball after we got ready together. I was really glad Neville asked her. He was such a sweet guy, which is exactly what Ginny deserved. I think Harry and Ron asked some twins I hadn't met before, but I knew that they weren't their first choice. Hermione was going with Viktor Krum, which would probably drive Ron mad, and Cedric had mustered up the courage to ask Cho Chang, leaving Harry without his first choice.

Ginny and I did our makeup in her dorm and I changed into my dress in the bathroom. When I stepped out, Ginny's jaw dropped.
"Y/n... you made that?" She asked me.
"Yeah." I blushed.
I never took any classes on sewing, but my mom used to sew quite a lot when I was a kid, and I picked up a thing or two.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door.
"Ginny! It's George!" He called from the hallway, "Are you getting ready? Is Y/n with you?"
"Yes you dummy!" Ginny called back, "Now get out of here, you'll get to see Y/n when we're all ready and down at the ball!"

I waited until I could hear him walking away and opened the door a crack. I watched him walk down the hall on his way to the ball with Neville. I felt kind of bad, so now I wanted to try even harder to look my best tonight. I retreated back into the room and got started on my hair. It didn't take long with the help of some magic, and soon enough Ginny and I were ready for the ball.

We walked down the hall and stopped before we got to the top of the grand staircase. I was a ball of nerves at that point, but Ginny assured me that I looked great and that George would go crazy the second he saw me. I pushed the doors open and grabbed Ginny's hand, walking out with her by my side.

George's POV:
I had only been in the ballroom for maybe two minutes when I caught a glimpse of the most beautiful woman I had ever seen. In the richest blue dress, and beautiful gold jewelry, was Y/n L/n. My girlfriend. I really was dating the hottest girl in this whole school, and nobody could say otherwise. Not even Fred, though I didn't think he would even care to try. He asked Angelina to the ball, and they looked like they were having a great time. Sometimes I did think that he liked Y/n, what with the way he looked at her, but I knew that my twin brother would never try to make a move on my girlfriend, so I let it go.

I watched her walk down the stairs with my sister until Neville took Ginny away and she was left alone. I made my way over to her quickly, but not before some Durmstrang boy had roped her into conversation. I only caught the end of it when she saw me and I heard her tell him,
"Alright well, it was nice talking to you but I should get to my date now. Have a nice night."

As soon as he turned away I grabbed her by the hand and spun her around, admiring her from every angle.
"You look incredible." was all I managed to say.
"And you clean up nice." She smiled at me as she grabbed ahold on my tie and straightened it out for me.

Most of the night went by in a blur, the music and lights put me in a trance, but the one thing I couldn't forget was her face. I couldn't think of anything but her in that moment, and I didn't mind. There was just something about her that pulled me in and I loved it.