Chapter Fifty-Seven: Over

Michael’s POV

                I unlocked the door with my key and proceeded to get inside where I saw Chris spring up from the living room couch.

“Where were you?” He asked, still clad in his work clothes.

Ignoring him, I closed the door behind him and walked to the kitchen. I really didn’t need his shit today.

“I’m serious! You had me worried! Where were you, Mike?” He continuously asked, following me.

                He took a few steps closer and brought his face closer to my side.

“WHAT THE—you smell like booze and cigarettes!”

                I took a deep breath and took off my olive green jacket, placing it neatly around the chair.

“Mike!” He called from behind me.

“What?!” I screamed, snapping my head around to face him.

“I asked you a question! Where were you?”

“None of your business.”

“None of my—ha! You’re coming home late every night and it’s none of my business?! You know what, you can cut the shit out right now. I know class doesn’t end at midnight! Where the fuck were you?!”

“Out. Why are you so suddenly interested in my whereabouts, anyways?”

“Suddenly interested?! For months, I have been worried sick waiting for you to come home at night!”

                I rolled my eyes, turning around to the fridge to open it. I was pulling out a can of soda when he almost slammed the fridge door shut on it. I quickly pulled my hand out with soda in hand.

“Listen to me, Mike! We need to talk about this behavior!”

                I opened the soda and took a sip before placing it down on the counter and placing my hand next to it.

“I’m listening.” I said, propping the other hand on my waist as I stood tiredly.

“Tell me, where were you?”

“What’re you talking about?” I asked, coyly.

“You know what the fu—“ He paused to rethink his words before continuing again, “I mean, as in tonight, the last couple of months. Where were you?”

“I told you, out.”

“Out, huh? Out with who?”

“My friends.”

“I called Angela already and she’s been home.” The very statement makes me want to kill him. What was he doing calling her? How does he even have her number? What the fuck, Chris?!

“I have other friends, you know. Why do you care so much?”

“You could’ve been anywhere or meeting other people—“

“You think I’m cheating on you?! Ha!” I said, shaking my head.

                He couldn’t be serious with him accusing me of cheating.

“I never said that. I was worried about other people you’re meeting—“

“Stop acting as if I’m a teenager! You don’t even care!”

“Oh, don’t care?! Mike, I need to know where you are and what you’re doing so late at night.”

“Why? I’m an adult, I can take care of myself!”