Chapter Twenty-Eight: Psychiatrist?

Next Week

I coughed; my mouth almost tasting my own blood

More and more of my blood surrounded my face as I laid in it. My mouth hurt and my gums were screaming. 

“I’m sorry,” “I love you,” “I’ll change,” and “Please forgive me,” were all interchangeable for every blow to the face, heart, and ego I get.

He left me here; to choke on my own stupidity and naivety. You made your bed and now you lay in, literally.

Next Day

The Sun shone her beautiful rays at me, for she knew what I was up to.

I walked into the offices of Peters-Michaels and entered the lobby. I walked up to the secretary, a seemingly Hispanic woman with her hair pulled into a bun. I stopped in front of her and shared a smile.

“Hello.”

She looked up from her papers and smiled.

“Hello.”

“Could you please tell me what floor is a James Francis in?” 

“Yes, he’s on the 12th floor. Would you like for me to notify him?”

“No, I want to surprise him.” I said, clutching onto my purse.

“Sure, ma’am.”

“Thank you.”

“No problem.” She nodded, getting back into her work.

I walked over to the elevator where it was about to close. I was going to wait for a new one when a black man stopped it for me at the last second. I flashed him a smile and walked in.

“Thank you.”

“No problem. What floor?” He said, looking at me.

“12th.” 

“The same as me.” He smiled. I looked straight at the door.

He kept his eyes on me, examining me as if I were some new exotic creature.

“You wanna know something? You look a bit like my boss.” I glanced over to him and smiled.

It was clearly I wasn’t interested and he wasn’t about to fight me to speak. By the time I got onto the floor, I stopped the man.

“Could you please tell me where James Francis’ office is located?”

“Sure, just go straight and take a left. You’ll see a huge door.”

“Thank you.” I said. He nodded, going about his way.

I followed his directions, passing the busy office people. I caiught some stares in the process. I saw the door of the office. I sighed and gathered myself together. I pushed open the door without even knocking. I opened it to James doing paperwork at his desk. The office was big, brown, almost like a stereotypical l office.

“Haven’t you ever heard of knocking-” He said, looking up, obviously irritated. I closed the door behind me, walking up.

“Hi.” I waved.

“Mike?!” He said, getting up from behind his desk.

He leaned on the front edge of his desk, facing me with a smile. I walked over to him and wrapped my arms around his neck while he wrapped his around my waist. I leaned in to kiss him. I kissed him so hard and fast.

“Mmmmph..” He said, mumbling between kisses.

I felt him kiss back with the same amount of intensity. He pulled myself to him closer and moved his hands down to my butt. He lowly moaned in response. I bit his lip and kissed him even more. I felt how his energy transfer through me.