Chapter Twenty: Move

I woke up the next morning in James’ bed.

I slowly sat up on the bed. I wiped my eyes before I spotted James’ coming out of the bathroom. 

“Morning.” I said.

“Morning. Did you sleep fine?” He asked, adjusting his suit.

“Yeah. Going to work?” I asked.

“Yep. It’s day one of working on that big case.” He said, adjusting his tie.

I got off from the bed, walking over to him. I pulled him in for a kiss. I started to fix his collar. 

“You’re gonna do just fine. Make sure to call me when you come home tonight.” I said.

“Call you? Why? Aren’t you staying here?” He questioned.

“No, I have to go home and change clothes. Plus, I have some things to do.” I said, fixing his tie.

“Like what?” His eyebrows furrowed.

“Like do errands. I have a life, you know.” 

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I could sense a bit of anger in his voice. 

He walked back into the bathroom to look at himself. I followed him in.

“It means that I can’t stay here forever.”

“Why not? I’m gonna be busy for weeks with work and then you’re gonna be in law school soon so we won’t get to spend any time together. Why don’t you move in?” He said, fixing himself in the mirror.

I put my hands on his shoulders.

“Hmmm…I don’t know. I need to think about it.” I said.

He turned to me and wrapped his hands around my waist. I put my hands around his neck.

“Fine.” He said. He kissed me, making me smile.

I removed his hands off my waist so he could check the time on his watch. I walked back into the room so I could remove his T-shirt and back into my dress. I fixed his bed until he walked out the bathroom. 

“C’mon, I’m gonna be late.” He said.

I followed him out of his home and out to his car. He dropped me off in front of my apartment. I gave him a quick kiss and waved him goodbye. I walked back into my apartment room. I quickly headed into the shower. When I got out, I heard my phone ringing. I saw the caller’s ID.

“Angela.” I read. 

I picked up the phone.

“Hello?” 

“Hello? Mike?”

“Yeah?”

“Open the door. I’ve been calling you for the last 10 minutes.” She said. 

“Oh. My bad.” I said, hanging up.

I put on my robe and opened my door. I let Angela in and closed the door. I walked back into my room where she followed.

“Where were you? I’ve been calling since last night.” She said, taking a seat on my bed.

“I was out on a date with James.” I said, putting lotion on in the bathroom.

“Oh, James…….” She said sarcastically.

“What? What’s wrong with that?” I asked.

“Nothing. How come you didn’t pick up the phone this morning? I called you several times last night and this morning. Why didn’t you pick up?”