Chapter 6 Theo POV

ch6 theo pov

"You texted her a friggin smiley face?, why the.... hell would you do that?"

Ben laughs his raspy laugh sounding like a person that's smokes three packs a day, but we all know it is because of last nights footy game, all the yelling. We walk to ward the mini mart in the main street. I normally catch the train with Ben but today I have to meet someone. Juliet, and the only way I could get him to let me go without him tackling to the ground or steeling my bag was to tell him about her, and about the text I sent her in the last period, telling her to meet me here.

This is it, I am going to talk to her, I feel magnitised to this girl. Like I need her, and somehow giving her back this diary feels like I am giving a small part of myself away, I have kinda grown attached to it, reading through all of Juilets problems.

"Yeah, that's what you text a girl when you want to seem friendly, now piss off."

"How the hell did you know that?" he asks as he pulls out his phone and starts texting his girlfriend, and yep, adding a smiley face at the end. I laugh inside, he doesn't know I got that off a cover of Whats Up Girl Magazine.

"I know those things, I am a genius" I tap my head and shove my shoulder into him" now piss off, so I can get this over with".

He turns to me and puts on a cheesy smile. Turns in the other direction towards the train station and whistles at some good looking girls. Yeah they are good looking but for some reason I am no longer interested in any other girl, I am interested in Juliet.

I cros the street and end up outside the mini mart. I look around, I cant see her anywhere. I pull out my phone and scroll through my log, clicking on her number and calling her this time, yeah I know kinda freaky calling someone you don't know but, I am getting more nervous by the minute and I need to get this over with soon.

I hear a phone ringing around the corner, Fader- by the Temper Trap, man I love that song! I follow the noise.

She picks up, her sing song voice filling my ears, and with out knowing I smile.

"Hello, Juliet speaking" her voice says.

It's funny because I can actually hear her talking in real life as well and on the phone. I turn the corner, to see her sitting against the wall, her backpack at her feet.

"Um Hi" I say as I stand in front of her, shutting my phone off. She turns off her phone and looks up at me, red flushes through her cheeks to her hair line. Geese I didn't mean to embarrass her. awkward, she is looking at me like I am a rare monkey in a zoo.

I extend my hand offering to help her up. She takes it and straightens out her skirt, running a hand over her face, trying to make the flush disappear.

"I'm Theo, I didn't really get a chance to introduce myself the other day, you seemed in a hurry" I look at her face, not skinny but full, full of love and kindness and a good heart, not like other skinny girls my friends date. Don't get me wrong, all girls are beautiful, but Juliet, I would move mountains and hold up the sea to see this girl again, even if it is just from a distance.

She smiles." Oh yeah, sorryabout that, I was late for my bus, I didn't see you" her voice is quiet now, shy even?

"No problems, I felt like getting smacked to the floor that day anyway, you know every once in a while guys like getting beaten up". What the hell am I saying, No guy likes getting beaten up on purpose.

She laughs, a little giggle. She looks the same age as me, but I can't tell, surprisingly enough that is the part of her diary I must have missed.

"How old are you" I ask, she looks at me her blue eyes looking deep into mine, trying to find why I would want to know.

"Seventeen, what about you?" GREAT! she is making conversation, she is interested in me.

"Eighteen" I answer. Then I reach deep into my bag and pull out her diary I hold it in my hand towards her. She lightly plucks it from my palm, her hand swiftly touching mine for a small second, leaving a burning fire in the spot.

"Thank you, I couldn't live without this thing" she quickley flicks through it to check I didnt take anything or mess it up. She looks at me.

"Do you wanna hang out this Friday afternoon" I blurt out, I was going to text it too her later, but I cant help myself this is going so well. A brilliant beam lights up her face.

"I would love too" she smiles.

" Cool here's my number." I flick to her contacts page in her diary and pull out a pen, I write Theo and my number. I am only the fifth contact, I guess, well I know, she doesn't have many friend friends.

"Thanks" she whispers.

"I'll call you, b ut I have to go, my train is coming now and I have a football game in an hour." I close up my bag, and take one more look at her, burning her image into my brain, to keep forever.

I look her right in the eye and say" Don't listen to your mum or sister, you are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen, and that is all that is important." I turn on my heel and walk away from her, letting my last sentence of truth to her sink in.