Chapter 4- Theo POV

Ch4. Theo POV

I pull into the driveway of James house, Already I can see the cars of my friends filling the street, of course though Jame's always saves me the best parking spot, which happens to be the driveway today. Lucky though, as I am a bit late, I had to pick up my car from the crash repairs. It needed new tyres and a clean up and the dint in the back left door to be popped out. What did it cost me... nothing..... I know the guy, just one of the perks of being The MAN, the most popular guy in school, the football campion.

I slam shut my peice of crap's doors, even though it just got fixed I didn'y say it was a good car in fact it is an old Holden ute, my dad's old ute. My parents don't trust me with a good car yet, but hey they probably wouldn't notice if I was driving a stretch Huma to school everyday.

I walk up the concrete driveway, already starting to hear the noise from a football game playing on Jame's huge home cinema.

I push open the wooden door and a wave of noise, and yes that familiar stink all us boys carry, booze and B.O, lots of B.O.

I walk down the hallway, to the home cinema, unlike my family, Jame's parents are really rich, like really really rich, his dad is a brain surgeon and his mum a fashion designer. You'd think James would be smart, having a genius dad and all, but to be honest he is a real, well, idiot.

I walk into the room, sure enough a huge TV is showing a live football game and about ten boys are crowed around the huge leather sofa, popcorn and pizza covers the floor. James turns around, a big goofy smile on his face.

" Theo, mate you made it" he screams at the top of his lungs, he stands up on the couch and steps on someones head, then climbs over the top, bull dosing me to the ground. I punch him in the stomach and we both stand up and shake hands. I can already smell the beer in his breath.

"Shut up James, the games on, oh wait, come on baby, come on you lucky bastard!" Nick yells at the screen the others chiming in, I grab a slice of pizza, and join them on the couch. I join in on the racket. A player grabs the ball and runs half the field, he side slips it to Jeremy who runs, almost getting tackled by another players and.....................

"TRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" we all sream, knocking over our beer.

I could scream at a football game for hours, I love the roughness, the blood and grime.

My eyes flicker to the corner of the screen, Magpies( my favourite team) are on 30- while the Lions are losing at only 16 points in the second half with only, Three minutes left.

I sit on the edge of my seat.

"GO, GO!" I scream at the top of my lungs, my voice hoarse and rough.

One last kick..... goal......... games over, another win for the Magpies, geese they must be pretty high on the ladder now.

" See boys" I cmpete over the roar, my voice slightly slurred, how many drinks have I had, Three?,k Four?, Five?" that is how we need to play, ruthless, tough, strong, almighty. Like we own the bloody field, like  the ball is our own balls on the plate" I scream. They all hold up their glasses and cheers, beer spilling out onto the floor.

******* 3hrs Later*************

Everyone has already left and I am just stumbling out the front door.

"Mate, can't wait for the big game tomorrow, so glad your the captain, better than that Hughy kid, he couldn't kick a ball further than he can pee." James laughs standing at the front door, I can already see his sleep kicking in.

I slam the door of my car shut, and wind down the window, letting in some cool breeze. I start up the motor.

"Get some sleep, we have to win tomorrow to continue, it knock outs now remember" I remind him as I pull out of the drive way.

He nods his head and slams the front door shut. I drive down the street, not really sure of where to go, it is too early to go home yet, Mum's new boyfriend Lenard will still be awake, I hate that guy.

I Drive to the local pit stop, filling up my rolling turd with some petrol. I walk in and walk around the aisles, packet of chips, I'll have that, I pull of some salt and vinegar chips, they will be good for lunch tomorrow. I walk to the fridge and get some coke and a lemonade. Pulling out some beef jerky and nuts on the way. I stop by the magazine stand, scanning through the titles.

Dolly- How to be the perfect girl- Stuck without the essentials- Treat your BF! a treat. ( seriously all these girl magazines are about guys, Maybe one day I should buy one, just to see what they think about us).

TV Week- Okay lets be honest I couldn't be stuffed about what Brad Pitt ate for breakfast, or how Katy Perry finds her inspirations for her clothes.

Top Gear- thats more like it, except I aalready got this issue.

My hand reaches out towards a sport magazine, a football player in mid tackle on the front. This should be interesting enough.

I make my way to the counter. I nod at the familiar old lady behind the counter, Wanda, with three gold stars. I hand over a fifty dollar note and get my change. Walking out into the cool night air.

I get in my car and shove my supplies on the passenger seat. Something catches my eye. I lift up the bag to show the girls Diary..... Juliet's diary......... the one with the little red love heart doodles.

I wonder how important this is to her, I mean she looks pretty busy, pretty organised, I have only entered one thing in my school diary this year, my footy final dates. And.... girls numbers.

I stare at the diary, I should probably give it back, I will give it back, it's not like I would keep it.

But the problem is returning it to her, do I call her and tell her to meet me somewhere, or do I drop it in her letterbox, I do have her address, or do I hand it to the school, or.............................

I sit there, this tiny little book holds all of this girls secrets, yeah it has her number( which I have already jotted down) and her upcoming assignment dates, but I couldn't help notice before about a private section.

I flip to the back of the book, in cursive pink writing Juliet's Diary and then in block. TOUCH AND DIE!.

Oops already touched it. I open to the first page and start to read, forgetting bout my sports magazine that I was going to read to pass time.

Turns out Juliet has problems........................... a bitch of a sister....................... a overly rich and horrible family............................. hates herself ........................... gets bullied a lot................. and apparently she has a massive problem with her boobs.

I know I shouldn't have read it, and I am not normally the gossipy type, but now I can see why girls like this shit, it can be fun........ But I would never ever tell anyone else.............. EVER.

With every sentence I read I have gotten attached to the girl. A magnetic pull, a rope tyed to my heart that she has the other end to, I want this girl, no I need this girl.

With that in mind I know what to do.

I put down the book and start driving away.