Chapter 15= Theo

Shakespeare got it wrong chapter 15 Theo POV

 I stare at the polished metal in front of me, not believing what I just did. I grab my hair, ruffling up my neat gelled hair and pulling at the roots, begging for the pain that matches the pain consuming my body. Rage encircles me tingling with a sorrow so deep that tears me apart inside. What did I just do?

A strong hand comes to rest on my shoulder, pulling me away from the elevator, James steers me towards the staff lockers, his firm hand practically pushing me through the aisles while I stare stunned. I can’t believe I just let her go, I can’t believe I told her to leave, I can’t believe I hurt her when I told her I never would. I said I would make things work between us, but instead I ruined it, I ruined everything, I have ruined myself.

I slam my hands into the staff locker room, the silver metal door slams open and I stalk into the room, James comes in after me, his footsteps echoing behind me.  I sit myself down on the cushioned bench in the middle of a row of lockers; the soft black leather gives way to my massive weight.

“Dude. What the Hell?” James bursts out, coming to sit beside me on the couch, I hold my head in my hands, tears stream down my face in endless rivers, my insides shake as my vision blurs. “You were totally in to Juliet, she was cool, I liked her, what the heck just happened?” he asks, inching his face forward to look my in the eye. Great, he sees me crying, I will never be able to forget this now, guys are not meant to cry.

“ I just broke her heart” I whisper, the realisation coming sharp to mind, I was right though, I am bad for her, I was only trying to protect her.

“Um yeah well I got that from her distressed state and your Hollywood sobbing, seriously dude, take a few breaths and calm down, you’ll get fired otherwise if someone catches us in here.” James runs a hand through his styled blonde hair, his eyes keep flicking towards the door, keeping alert while I break down.

I stand up and walk towards my blue locker, I flip the dial of numbers and shed the lock. I open my locker and stare at my backpack, I can’t work like this. My shift was almost over anyways, James can cover the last half hour for me.

“You going? I’ll cover for you mate, don’t sweat about it?” James tries to act casual but I see his awkward stance, he doesn’t know what to do. Well we aren’t like girls I just can’t go up and start hugging him and crying into his shoulder, that would be awkward. So I stand a little straighter and shoulder my back pack, saving the sorrow for later.

“That would be good thanks” I turn and face him, keeping my eyes on the floor I lean against my locker. “And maybe later you and Ben could come over, we could watch the football” I say, trying to bring things back to normal, even though I am dying inside, dying to touch her again, wishing I could go back in time and change that moment in the storeroom.

“Yeah sure dude, look forward to it” He flashes me a toothy grin as he stuffs his hands in his pockets. I push open the locker room door, the florescent lights of the men’s clothing section biting at my teary eyes.

“Oh and Theo?” James rushes. I turn to look at him “Whatever you think justifies what you just did as helping Juliet, I am telling you know that it was the worst mistake of your life and hers”. He nods, pushing past me into the lobby immediately getting to work.

His words linger in my mind. He is right. Juliet’s mother doesn’t control me and she might as well not control Juliet, she is an idiot who thinks she can double cross me so her daughter will always stay miserable and an object of family disappointment. Her mother craves attention and if Juliet lives a better life than her it will kill her.

Courageousness swells in my body, my heart pounds as my tears drain away. I know what I must do. I am getting Juliet back, and once I do I will never let her go again.