Chapter 8- Theo POV

I stand in the park, the wet grass from the afternoon sprinkling session soaks the bottom of my jeans. My good jeans may I point out, I put them on especially to impress Juliet. Even though I dressed it down with a Sharks football Jersey to keep me looking manly, just in case I see some of the boys there. They would give me deep shit if they saw me in my best shirt as well, which is a white polo shirt as it is the only thing my mum makes me buy once a year just in case of an important emergency, she only make me wear it on parent teacher night or when I am visiting my grandma, because if I wear my normal T-shirts my Grandma points a wrinkly old finger at my chest and says’ young ladies of today don’t need you advertising sex on your body, the TV does enough of that’. Even though it doesn’t really make sense I get sick of it and just wear plain shirts instead.

I check my watch, she should be here soon. I shift my backpack over my shoulder and stare at the ground. I hope this goes well I really do, I hope this is not some daggy date, but then again she had said she’d love to come, but then again I could have offered a movie or something but that would be awkward because you don’t even talk during the movie unless you’re up the back and doing a make out shesh you don’t even enjoy each other’s company.

“Hi” calls Juliet’s now familiar sweet voice, I call her almost every night, I might come across as annoying but who gives a shit, guys are meant to be annoying. I snap my head up and smile.

She walks across the grass with a black back pack slung across her shoulder. She looks beautiful, as always, in skinny jeans, which outline the curve of her hips perfectly, and…………. A Sharks jersey, like mine. I don’t know what I was expecting, seeing as though she is rich, I guess I was expecting her to show up in a ball gown or something. But she is stunning.

“Hey, look at you, I didn’t know girls knew what football was” I laugh as she gets to me. I give her a hug, no kisses yet, but after school lately we have been meeting up at the corner store, let’s just say the arm around her shoulder and a hug is as close as we have gotten.

“Ha” she laughs” you were playing the old introduce the girl to something new, opens her eyes to the world trick” she laughs. I chuckle because in fact that was kind of my plan.

“ I was not” I retort in mock horror.

She still laughs, her sweet laughter fills my ears and calms any nerves I may have had. IF I was the drug, she is the antidote.

“You were so, I can see it in your eyes” she says as she finally settles down, her cheeks are red from laughing to hard.

I sling my arm around her shoulders, she is the perfect height for me because her shoulders are just below mine. I lead her to my beat up piece of shit called a car.

“Well this is something new” I say, pulling her closer into my body.

“What is?” she asks, her green eyes shining like emeralds, laughter still jolts about in her eyes.

“I can actually enjoy the game, instead of explaining how it works” I chuckle, opening her door for her.

“Well I don’t know, I may have to relearn” she smiles” My game days are a bit rusty”.

“It would be my honor princess Juliet” I slide into the driver’s seat.

“Where do you want me to put this” she holds up her back pack, which is extremely large looking at it.

“In the back, just chuck it over the seat, you know, you didn’t have to bring anything, its my treat and we mostly stand”.

She rolls her eyes and unzips the bag as I start driving towards the stadium.